Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 11:52 AM

Re: Jo Cox MP critically injured amid shooting reports

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

That's one thing that puzzles me Azure,
The gun was a home made one and the Americans said he had ordered a book back in 1999 that described how to build one using household items.

I was an engineer for thirty five years and would find it difficult to manufacture an efficient gun capable of killing someone, especially without machinery and the skill to use it. Bear in mind he is supposed to have a mental illness. Did he order the book on the internet? If not how? Strikes me his only purpose in life was to maintain gardens, a pastime that he loved.

And how much media attention has this received, almost fifty innocent people were gunned down in America the other day and after just one day it gets half a column on page six.
It is inconceivable that Mair made this gun at home.
It takes years of knowledge and expertise to make weapons as you have indicated. He probably purchasd this Gun already modified with the intention of using to kill someone
If you are serious about purchasing a Gun there are many in the Criminal fraternity who will get you one for a fee. No questions asked.
Furthermore where did he practise firing at targets?

I think he must have colluded with someone controlling him and giving him orders.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So this horrific attack was a one off from a mentally ill person .
Not politically motivated in any way.
If Mair's intention was to influence the Brexit vote, it has back fired as it will make many people now want to stay in the EU.

A bitter disappointment to those who want to leave.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
It is inconceivable that Mair made this gun at home.
It takes years of knowledge and expertise to make weapons as you have indicated. He probably purchasd this Gun already modified with the intention of using to kill someone
If you are serious about purchasing a Gun there are many in the Criminal fraternity who will get you one for a fee. No questions asked.
Furthermore where did he practise firing at targets?

I think he must have colluded with someone controlling him and giving him orders.

Hi

I am afraid I have to disagree.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/129784...home-made-gun/

The USA is a weird place where you could buy this sort of stuff quite legally.

It is an extract from a training manual.

Instructions for making simple guns from readily available bits are also available on the Internet.

Guns can also be made from ABS Plastic by any one having access to a 3D printer.

The bombs recently used in Paris and Belgium were made from two ingredients , Hair Bleach and nail polish remover.

The world is a dangerous place at the moment.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

19-06-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am afraid I have to disagree.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/129784...home-made-gun/

The USA is a weird place where you could buy this sort of stuff quite legally.

It is an extract from a training manual.

Instructions for making simple guns from readily available bits are also available on the Internet.

Guns can also be made from ABS Plastic by any one having access to a 3D printer.

The bombs recently used in Paris and Belgium were made from two ingredients , Hair Bleach and nail polish remover.

The world is a dangerous place at the moment.

Yes, people can make immitation guns, but we do not know what kind of gun this was, that he mudered M P Jo Cox with
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 01:31 PM

A working gun has been made using a 3D printer.
Small firearms with the intent for very close proximity use, where accuracy isn't an issue(a few feet)do not need to be machine barrelled.

I am not guessing what was used, just answering the homemade theory.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Hi

It is true Azure that the Police have not issued details about the type of gun used.

I was merely taking issue with your statement that it was inconceivable that it was homemade and that it takes years of expertise to make one.

It isn't, a simple working gun can be made easily at home using stuff purchased cheaply from the local DIY shed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is true Azure that the Police have not issued details about the type of gun used.

I was merely taking issue with your statement that it was inconceivable that it was homemade and that it takes years of expertise to make one.

It isn't, a simple working gun can be made easily at home using stuff purchased cheaply from the local DIY shed.
It was reported that three shots were fired and a homemade gun was recovered after being thrown under a vehicle by the escaping assailant. It might be possible to construct a weapon to shoot and kill someone, but making bullets is a different proposition. Getting three bullets to fit the gun would be another problem. And firing one shot might be possible, but there is no way you could fire three shots within ten seconds, as was reported by a witness. Furthermore a homemade gun would most certainly be damaged after firing the first shot. Perhaps a trained assassin could cobble together a decent gun, but a mentally challenged gardener who couldn't even assemble flat packed furniture, no way.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 07:39 PM

I would agree with you there, I could probably make something that would fire once, but not three times. I read one report that said it was a "cut down" conventional weapon. Maybe modified .410 shotgun? Many years ago we did modify a number one bore "garden gun" to fire .22 bullets, so it is possible.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I would agree with you there, I could probably make something that would fire once, but not three times. I read one report that said it was a "cut down" conventional weapon. Maybe modified .410 shotgun? Many years ago we did modify a number one bore "garden gun" to fire .22 bullets, so it is possible.
Early on in my engineering career I carved a beautiful rifle butt out of a piece of surplus teak. I machined two smooth bore barrels and set them on the butt, with black powder obtained from a gun enthusiast and Jetex fuse wire I managed to fire some lead fishing weights through a panel door.
Looking back, I must have been mad!

Some other projects included Model Cannon's (that really fired bearings) Rockets (never managed a successful flight) and many explosive devices using a variety of home made concoctions (with some frightening results) but that's another story.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:08 AM

**Please note, some posts about the have been moved here.
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=35513

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top