Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 03:39 PM

Re: Cameron in live Question time on BBC1 at 6.45PM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
Ts is one reason why, whatever Cameron says now, he will resign if the referendum goes against him. He will take it as a personal rejection; and about that, he will certainly feel passionately.

I dont think he'll volunteer to go if he loses, and the Labour party wants him to stay to negotiate the new arrangements.
but having said, he didn't like being compared to N. Chamberlain, but rather sees himself as a Churchill (he wishes)
He wants to go down in History as the Great Statesman who kept Britain at the "Top Table" in Europe.

I can't see that happening Purdy, can you?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 04:08 PM

I want to leave.

Made my mind up about that in 1973.

Leave or stay fair enough am to old that it will effect me one way or the other but it will effect my beloved country when I'm dead.

But it seems that it might be decided on the murder of an MP

Listerned to a phone in on LBC were the person had cast their Postal vote and now wants to vote the other way because of the Death of this MP.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I want to leave.

Made my mind up about that in 1973.

Leave or stay fair enough am to old that it will effect me one way or the other but it will effect my beloved country when I'm dead.

But it seems that it might be decided on the murder of an MP

Listerned to a phone in on LBC were the person had cast their Postal vote and now wants to vote the other way because of the Death of this MP.
Well what does that say about them if they will allow the actions of a possibly mentally damaged man with a gun to change their vote.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 04:39 PM

I find it laughable that some can base such a momentous decision on just one factor, whether that be the horrific murder of a decent MP or the stupidity of a an ill judged campaign poster.

For goodness sake we are talking about the choice between the future independence of governance of our sovereign country, or the forever enslavement of our beloved country to an unaccountable and mainly anonomous bureaucratic elite akin to George Orwell's 1984, and we will never be offered this opportunity again.

There can surely be no contest between those two stark options.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

20-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I find it laughable that some can base such a momentous decision on just one factor, whether that be the horrific murder of a decent MP or the stupidity of a an ill judged campaign poster.

For goodness sake we are talking about the choice between the future independence of governance of our sovereign country, or the forever enslavement of our beloved country to an unaccountable and mainly anonomous bureaucratic elite akin to George Orwell's 1984, and we will never be offered this opportunity again.

There can surely be no contest between those two stark options.
I would also find it laughable Barry, but there will be a lot of over sentimental people who would vote that way..... not everyone with a vote is intelligent enough to see that there is no connection between the two events.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 04:53 PM

Is reported that the Remain have a 3 point lead but last week was reported that the leave lot had a 9 point lead.

Ok its a poll but how many were swayed by the MPs death.

A couple of Remain MPs tweeted that it was reported(denighed by the Local Asian person quoted) that he shouted Britain first.

Both deleted their tweets next day...but damage done.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top