Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:31 PM

Re: EU Referendum: The Great Debate Live BBC1 8.00PM

Watched the first hour... can't stand much more of it!
Didn't think Boris and co. were a patch on the Remain team, frankly.

Caroline Lucas impressed me...

If I hear "Take Back Control" one more time I think I shall scream!!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:06 PM

Don't care what they say - leaving the sodding thing will be far more exciting. F*** people telling us what to do. I LIKE TO DO THAT but hate it the other around . So leave because I say so - there that should solve your dilemma.

Who cares if the UK economy goes to shit. Better that than be in shackles for ever more .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:23 PM

The stand out participants in the debate for me were Gisela Stuart and Andrea Leadsome .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:27 PM

You can't take it with you when you go.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Don't care what they say - leaving the sodding thing will be far more exciting. F*** people telling us what to do. I LIKE TO DO THAT but hate it the other around . So leave because I say so - there that should solve your dilemma.

Who cares if the UK economy goes to shit. Better that than be in shackles for ever more .

Possibly a ltlle cryitical for someone who wiil not be voting ?

lol
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:46 PM

Thought that Francis O'Grady was a right loudmouth shouting and carrying on like she did.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:59 PM

Interesting debate, but the Labour woman was both irritating and rather pathetic in her perpetual "Fear" campaign. Really desperate I think. All about border security and armies etc.

The "Leave" group, for me, did a good job and were the more credible. They drummed home the real facts about lack of democracy, the presidents of the EU who we don't get to vote for, who we can't remove, the horrific sums of money we pile into the EU coffers instead of into Britain and so on.

Boris was far more coherent than usual, clearly taking it seriously and in his summing up said that referendum day will be Britain's "Independence Day". Very good.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 12:47 AM

Boris Johnson got the biggest cheer of the evening with his closing statement.
And he used the Independence Day appeal from my signature which has been there for a coupla weeks. Perhaps he read it here?
Is he even a secret member of this forum I as myself?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-showdown.html

Putting the case for Brexit in a rousing final speech, Mr Johnson said: ‘There is a very clear choice between those who speak of nothing but fear about the consequences of leaving the EU, and those on our side who speak of hope.

‘They say we cannot do it. We say we can. They say we have no choice but to bend down to Brussels. We say they are woefully underestimating this country and what we can achieve.

‘If we vote to leave and take back control, I believe this Thursday could be our country’s independence day.’

Nice one Boris.
Let's Take Back Control.

Vote Leave!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 06:53 AM

There is a school of thought that says "When in doubt, do Nowt".
wabblewalk
surrey borders
wabblewalk is male  wabblewalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
No need for any more debate, if you have not made up your mind by now you need your bumps feeling.
Could not agree more.

Hardly a great debate with them two.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top