Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2011, 06:32 PM

Husband/Wife Holidays?

For those married, or have been married, did you find that you both shared the same ideas for planning your Summer holidays?

Lovely if you both have the same relaxing outlook of interest, or have you needed to compromise in some way, or perhaps even have separate holidays?

Rainbow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Re: Husband/Wife Holidays?

We always enjoy planning our holidays, we have similar interests and 9 times out of 10 agree on everything.

He always comes round to my way of thinking in the end!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Rainbow, surely if your married you must share the similar interest.

We always planned holidays together that is part of the holiday is'nt it?

Now we just plan days away together.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2011, 08:11 PM

Planning the trips is great fun and adds hugely to the anticipation. We tend to take it in turns to propose a destination and then work our activities around it. It certainly works for us.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Mags, sounds like you do a good job of careful 'steering'!

Antibrown, for instance one might like hot weather and sunbathing, while the other might not enjoy hot weather, and want to go skiing, which could be a favourite hobby.

Some couples will obviously easily agree, some may prefer the opportunity to follow their hobby (that might not be a shared hobby) and some would find a happy compromise.

Rainbow
Rainbow
Surrey UK

09-01-2011, 08:22 PM

Plantman, that sounds an interesting, exciting and MYSTERY type of holiday planning.... lovely. I think I would tease a little and when it was my turn - very seriously and enthusiastically declare a trip down the Amazon!! (Problem would be if the family happily AGREED)! yikes LOL.

Rainbow
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

09-01-2011, 10:49 PM

We both like the same things mostly and neither of us have ever wanted to holiday abroad so the sunshine thing doesn't apply....

And I have to agree with Antibrown...........if you've been married a number of years, you surely must have a lot in common.
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 04:58 AM

My husband and I always plan our holidays together. He usually plans to go bush and I plan to go to China! But we plan together, that's the main point. This year, since the $ is so good, I have decided to branch out and go to England and Scotland. His parents are English and mine are from Glasgow.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by TROOPIE ->
My husband and I always plan our holidays together. He usually plans to go bush and I plan to go to China! But we plan together, that's the main point. This year, since the $ is so good, I have decided to branch out and go to England and Scotland. His parents are English and mine are from Glasgow.
Look forward to seeing you Robyn!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 09:11 PM

The Wife and me go to the same cottage in Kerry every year for the last 15 years. We know the lady who owns it and we have a nice arrangement (financially). The views are spectacular and we wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top