Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Re: Nominate a Museum.

A quick advertisement....in my town we have a stunning collection of Helicopters in a Museum !

My vote for Best Museum has got to be the British Museum. We went to see the Sutton Hoo collection last summer, it blew me away !!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
A quick advertisement....in my town we have a stunning collection of Helicopters in a Museum !

My vote for Best Museum has got to be the British Museum. We went to see the Sutton Hoo collection last summer, it blew me away !!
Have you been to Sutton Hoo itself? It`s great - very atmospheric. And such an amazing story about how it was discovered.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 11:37 AM

No. Never been to Sutton Hoo itself, it's on the list for this summer.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I submit the Evergreen Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon. Their collection of all things avionic is impressive, including the "Spruce Goose".
Bob, some great photos there, is the first one a "Spruce Goose" ? it looks a bit like a Dakota to me and I had always thought the "Spruce Goose" was a four engined plane.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 10:33 AM

Tullie House Museum and Art gallery in Carlisle, it is somewhere to go out of the rain.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Have you been to Sutton Hoo itself? It`s great - very atmospheric. And such an amazing story about how it was discovered.
We went there last summer when on holiday near Framlingham. The whole experience was wonderful. very atmospheric and thoroughly worth the trip. Take a picnic though, you will need a mortgage to eat in the cafetaria....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top