Join for free
Page 155 of 276 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I might give instagram a go as I like photos and will be interested to see what others have posted. I don't really do social media beyond forums, though.
Yay Dreamy something new for you. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 04:57 PM

Have just had to put my light on - I really dislike the dark afternoons.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 05:00 PM

Have just had to put my light on - I really dislike the dark afternoons.
Crikey it is still sunny here Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 06:11 PM

Not now it isn't.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

29-10-2018, 06:24 PM

Not now it isn't.
You made me laugh Dreamy. x
No, it is pitch black now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

31-10-2018, 09:48 PM

I'm still hampered by going to bed during the day which is starting to annoy me. I get up at 9 feeling refreshed. But by about 1pm I am so tired that I have to go back to bed, usually getting up again at 4. I know I should listen to my body but this is getting ridiculous.

I'm hoping that it's still a reaction to all the chemo I had and not something new which is making me tired all the time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-11-2018, 01:10 PM

I'm still hampered by going to bed during the day which is starting to annoy me. I get up at 9 feeling refreshed. But by about 1pm I am so tired that I have to go back to bed, usually getting up again at 4. I know I should listen to my body but this is getting ridiculous.

I'm hoping that it's still a reaction to all the chemo I had and not something new which is making me tired all the time.
Oh, Dreamy I missed this.
I am sorry you are still feeling drained.
I expect it is the reaction of the chemo, but I am no expert.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

04-11-2018, 08:32 PM

Cancer related fatigue is still my main problem; it makes me feel as though I am still very ill with no end in sight.

For example, yesterday I went to bed at 6pm being completely knackered. I awoke sometime around midnight, not refreshed but still awake. I listened to podcasts 'til around 3 then fell asleep until 10am. You would think I'd have had enough sleep, but by 1 I was exhausted again and went to sleep until about 4. It's 7:30 as I'm typing this and I'm longing to go to bed again.

Through this, I've not been eating properly, ie. no meals. I've subsisted on apples, pears, bananas and milk, so at least I'm getting some food but couldn't summon up the energy to make a meal. It's also reduced the amount of time I've been on the internet as it all seems too much and switching on the telly is easier. I've read that these symptoms can last up to 2 years or more after the cancer treatment.

So it's either a combination of the cancer, its treatment and the various drugs I'm on or perhaps just the chemotherapy. Either way, it's pretty disabling. Today I had to change my bedclothes and it took me ages just changing the duvet cover.

I really wish I could have a normal sleep cycle, waking up at 8 and going to bed at 10 before falling asleep at midnight but it's not working out that way.

I've tried not going to bed during the day...but I wake up on the sofa 2 hours later with a stiff neck.

I've also not been out for days, weeks really unless I include minor excursions. Tomorrow I have to go to the chemist to pick up my meds but should be OK as it's not far away.

It's silly but annoying: I've not been able to wear any of the Winter clothes I bought. I've got brand new jumpers and jeans but no place to go to, even if I could summon up the energy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

04-11-2018, 08:44 PM

Cancer related fatigue is still my main problem; it makes me feel as though I am still very ill with no end in sight.

For example, yesterday I went to bed at 6pm being completely knackered. I awoke sometime around midnight, not refreshed but still awake. I listened to podcasts 'til around 3 then fell asleep until 10am. You would think I'd have had enough sleep, but by 1 I was exhausted again and went to sleep until about 4. It's 7:30 as I'm typing this and I'm longing to go to bed again.

Through this, I've not been eating properly, ie. no meals. I've subsisted on apples, pears, bananas and milk, so at least I'm getting some food but couldn't summon up the energy to make a meal. It's also reduced the amount of time I've been on the internet as it all seems too much and switching on the telly is easier. I've read that these symptoms can last up to 2 years or more after the cancer treatment.

So it's either a combination of the cancer, its treatment and the various drugs I'm on or perhaps just the chemotherapy. Either way, it's pretty disabling. Today I had to change my bedclothes and it took me ages just changing the duvet cover.

I really wish I could have a normal sleep cycle, waking up at 8 and going to bed at 10 before falling asleep at midnight but it's not working out that way.

I've tried not going to bed during the day...but I wake up on the sofa 2 hours later with a stiff neck.

I've also not been out for days, weeks really unless I include minor excursions. Tomorrow I have to go to the chemist to pick up my meds but should be OK as it's not far away.

It's silly but annoying: I've not been able to wear any of the Winter clothes I bought. I've got brand new jumpers and jeans but no place to go to, even if I could summon up the energy.
I am so sorry you are experiencing these side effects.
Maybe someone can advise.
I can only support you Dreamy.
I have missed you. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

04-11-2018, 08:54 PM

I'm never far away.

Page 155 of 276 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top