Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2009, 10:15 PM

Re: If you were asked ...

Tai chi is a lovely exercise; I'd like to take some classes but there are none near me at a reasonable distance.
uk sandra
Gateshead UK
uk sandra is female 

21-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Learn to play a musical instrument. It can open up a whole new world.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Being an artist-I would naturally suggest art -but that maybe something not everyone is interested in. Therefore: Think about something that has interested you over the years but never had the time to do. And keep it simple to start out with. No need to spend a lot of cash on something that may not work out. Being around people is great "if" that suits your life style.
Having a dog etc. is wonderful to some but not right for others.
What ever is chosen should be carefully thought out & fit you and not someone else.
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Gardening
I doesn't have to be strenuous but the rewards are great. Fresh fruit and veg and beautiful flowers
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2011, 11:50 AM

A lot depends on your physical condition as well as your financial situation. I didn't have to come up with hobbies I love when I approached retirement because I've been a life long photographer and motorcyclist. I'm down to a high mileage Piaggio BV250 scooter which suits my needs and will take me anywhere for little cash. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the United States which is a natural haven for beauty in the outdoors. Finding something to photograph is never a problem.

Going hand in hand with my location is walking. The folks that live in this part of the country are very fit, either walking, running or on a bicycle. Walking & running cost nothing.

Last I'd include reading as a great hobby. I own a Kindle ebook reader that cost me $139 from Amazon.com and has already paid for itself in the first month that I've owned it. With 200,000 free books available through Amazon.com it costs me nothing to read.

My personal set of hobbies by priority are : photography, scootering, reading & hiking. You might notice they all can link together in many ways. I also love music, which is a life long passion. The most important consideration is love for the hobby you choose. You can really get into any hobby whether it is a physical activity or intellectual endeavor. Having fun is what it's all about.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top