Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:17 PM

Re: French Riots

Originally Posted by muddy ->
we don't want to hear this get thee back to the place we sent convicts too .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
France is Ok its just full of toss pot French

Dirty people with dirty habits!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-01-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Even better their language sounds so sexy.
If that sort of nasal whining turns you on, Bruce!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:45 PM

Despite what you read on here, the French have a very successful military ... history.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
France is Ok its just full of toss pot French
Yes, I have said many times that France is a beautiful country.

Such a shame it's spoilt by all the Frogs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I have said many times that France is a beautiful country.

Such a shame it's spoilt by all the Frogs.
I would like to protest in the strongest manner..... I would like to but I can't - I have to agree.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would like to protest in the strongest manner..... I would like to but I can't - I have to agree.

To be perfectly honest, though, I have met some very amiable Frogs whilst on our travels there.

Perhaps it's just the politicians?

When we drove from Calais to Provence some years ago, I remember finding a place in the countryside for us to stay to break our journey.

I attempted my schoolboy French (though I remember very little): "Avez vous un place de securite pour notre bicyclettes?"

After that they (and we) spoke in English. I think it's just a matter of making a little effort.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 06:31 PM

You try taking an articulated 44-ton truck across to Cap D'agde!

After being halted for 'searches' at 9 peage barriers,then charged 250 euros to get from Calais [which STINKS!] across France to Cap D'Agde,carrying goods THEY want/ordered/need at their poxy mediterranean bolt-hole,ALWAYS having arguments regarding refuelling at their scabby 'service stations'...[service,my AR5E]as they try to refuse to let me refuel my truck as ''Your fuel card is not valid,monsieur''-even though it's issued by Norbert The Stangler,France's biggest haulier...and I've even had flat-out punch-ups at the fuel pumps,several times,because I've been SPAT on by the service staff!!!! Oh,yeah - France,the land of culture....SOD 'EM! I have also been refused entry,when returning from Italy via Ventimiglia,for not having a 'recognised trailer number',after swapping trailers at Trieste,sorting out all the t4's,t2's,the seal,so forth...and heading out for Macon,in FRANCE,where the factory is waiting for this trailer,so they can continue with bottling wine. But,OHHHH,no...the poxy Frogs decide 'le eenglish peeg' is to be held up for as long as posseeble',even though the load is for THEIR wine industry! Then the bloody gendarmes arrive,being all 'Joe Tuffstuff'...and I say bollox to this and ring the depot in Trieste,explain what's happening...and within 15 minutes,several VANLOADS of Carabinieri arrive-all EXTREMELY miffed at the Froggy gendarmes. Don't EVER assume the French & Italians get along fine with one-another just because they share a border....it can get quite heated,when this sh1t happens,people. Eventually,because the Carabinieri are all 6'+,and armed,I'm ''allowed through''. NOT 'customs cleared',no-'allowed through'...and the one thing I know for CERTAIN,is that I'll be pulled over,stopped,or held up at fuel stations,on my way up to Macon,so that the poxy Frogs can assert their authority. BUT-because I speak French,Italian AND 'other languages' [not boasting,just saying] it ALWAYS gets eased from the initial pulling over with fire-arms at the ready,to them looking yet again through the T4 paperwork,checking the seal on the trailer...and 'allowing' me to continue my journey-even though they have to get the twat in the service station I've been pulled over in,to activate the pumps so I can get diesel....and witness the usual and inevitable 'Yeur card is ner guud,mesewer'' bullsh1t that goes with being a British trucker crossing France. So,the gendarmes get that sorted,I get going...and I'm pulling a load for FRANCE,not for GB! A load that's desperately needed asap at Macon wine-bottling factory. So,at Macon I again swap trailers,having backed their one onto the bay. I whizz over to the trailer park,collect the Beko trailer [they make cookers & kitchen ware. A Turkish company]....and the whole charade is replayed. As read above,read below.
Now,you may think I'm making this up,or at the very least,exaggerating.
I'm not. It's TOTALLY true. I actually have footage I've saved from the dashcam of my truck,showing the gendarmes & the carabinieri going at it,at the Ventemille crossing,PLUS footage of two punch-ups at two different service stations just because my vehicle has UK plates.
SOD the EU....let 'em steep in the fetid swamp of
their own corruption.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-01-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
You try taking an articulated 44-ton truck across to Cap D'agde!
Wow! That took some reading. The odd paragraph would help!

Seriously, though, I can well believe it.

Give some people a little bit of authority and they can't handle it properly.

Still, after we have left, we're not going to be taking part in so much, especially transporting what they want to them.

As far as I care, they can come and collect what they want from Dover and transport it to France themselves.

Every cloud has a silver lining, though. While we're at it, we could secrete some of the dross they've sent us ('migrants' to be polite) in sealed containers. A nice little surprise for the Frogs when they arrive back home!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 09:39 PM

For example the British constantly refer to their victory at Agincourt
I think you'll find that's the English. Les français, nos amis de l'autre côté de la mer

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top