Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 12:24 PM

Re: Breaking - Boris Shutsdown Parliament ..

Originally Posted by johnthomas ->
THE UK DID NOT VOTE FOR A NO DEAL BREXIT
Speak for yourself , some of us voted to leave the corrupt EU by any means ! Leave means leave.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 01:10 PM

the lunatic has taken over the asylum, so amazing boris shuts down parliament so he can push through his no deal brexit plan, after all that is what it is as himself and his so called goverment know the EU wont budge on conservatives deal or any other deal for that matter. So go boris go and push through the worst case scenario our country has ever faced. The truth be told this goverment is a shambles lets not do the best for the uk lets do the worst. THE UK DID NOT VOTE FOR A NO DEAL BREXIT can u see that are u listening i dont care who is the leader of the uk conservative labour or any other party, the people do not want to make the country worse than it already is and that is exactly what is going to happen if boris gets his no deal. We already already struggle with ever day life in the uk so lets make it worse NHS not enough funding council facilities stretched to breaking point homeless everywhere on the streets of uk. Of course low wages and zero hour contracts, like i said councils cant even afford the fundamentally tasks they are supposed to fulfil. Its ok to say we will survive thats fine if you are rich and powerful as u definitely will hardly struggle. Boris should think about the effect on the people of the uk and not about his own idealistic no deal agenda.
A lot of PM's have failed in respect of your last comment.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 04:23 PM

Tessa A on against brexit thread has nailed it with this comment:

What is really annoying me is that Cameron used the referendum promise to get re-elected as he saw UKIP were becoming popular. He didn't think it would work, but it did, you could see on his face that he was shocked to win.
Then he gave us the vote with no plans in place for the outcome as he didn't think that leave would win either!
Then he sneaks off and leaves everyone to sort it out.
Why do you think we hear nothing from him apart from one interview he gave defending Mrs May, he looked most uneasy being interviewed and could not get into his car quick enough.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Tessa A on against brexit thread has nailed it with this comment:

Why do you think we hear nothing from him apart from one interview he gave defending Mrs May, he looked most uneasy being interviewed and could not get into his car quick enough.
Cameron is a prize plonker, he jumped ship at the earliest possible moment . Total waste of space IMO
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:15 AM

the lunatic has taken over the asylum, so amazing boris shuts down parliament so he can push through his no deal brexit plan, after all that is what it is as himself and his so called goverment know the EU wont budge on conservatives deal or any other deal for that matter. So go boris go and push through the worst case scenario our country has ever faced. The truth be told this goverment is a shambles lets not do the best for the uk lets do the worst. THE UK DID NOT VOTE FOR A NO DEAL BREXIT can u see that are u listening i dont care who is the leader of the uk conservative labour or any other party, the people do not want to make the country worse than it already is and that is exactly what is going to happen if boris gets his no deal. We already already struggle with ever day life in the uk so lets make it worse NHS not enough funding council facilities stretched to breaking point homeless everywhere on the streets of uk. Of course low wages and zero hour contracts, like i said councils cant even afford the fundamentally tasks they are supposed to fulfil. Its ok to say we will survive thats fine if you are rich and powerful as u definitely will hardly struggle. Boris should think about the effect on the people of the uk and not about his own idealistic no deal agenda.

I quite agree with your analysis of the state of uk JT, but
I question your historic knowledge when you state that we
face the biggest crisis in history? Have you forgotten when
the Nazis had their invasion barges lined up along the French
coastline? Or are you, as l suspect, too young to remember
that?
It seems to me also that you put too much blame on Boris,
You seem to forget that he is only trying to carry out what
THE MAJORITY of voters voted for not so recently!
Most of those voters come from the neglected areas of uk,
which could explain the way the vote went??
Might l ask, what is your age?

Regards Donkeyman!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:23 AM

I just can't understand the panic and fuss over 4 days as that's all he has added to the normal weeks they take anyway for conference season. TBH I would like to see them all miss their conferences because they didn't understand that fact. 4 days and some people are calling for civil unrest.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:29 AM

I agree Julie ,it a total disgrace
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

30-08-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Speak for yourself , some of us voted to leave the corrupt EU by any means ! Leave means leave.
There is no doubting your passionate dislike of the EU. I have no doubt either than when you voted out back in 2016 you were clear in your mind that if it took the disruption of an exit without a deal with the EU then you'd be prepared to weather that disruption to get your goal. The problem is not your commitment or consistency.
The problem is the fact that the leave campaign promoted and promised a low risk, great deal exit. That was the basis of their campaign and they studiously avoided dialogue or debate about the issues or even merits of a no deal exit. That was closed down as not possible or not possibly needed. This is all fact and record. No one can claim now it was a referendum about offering a no deal exit.
You, in your mind, may view all exits as simply that - leaving. But they are not. Each comes with merits and problems depending on your views. What was clear to all back in 2016 (the remain campaign and the leave campaign) was that if the only choice was remain or a no deal exit then the vote outcome would not have been the same.
I am not doubting your integrity. I am simply reminding all of historic record. (And leave does not infer any sort of leave. If I asked you to leave my house, I would expect you to exit via the front door. I would not, if subsequently questioned, expect you climb out the loft sky light and jump off the roof, smacking your head off the patio wall. You could not afterwards claim your injuries were my fault because you did as I requested - leave. Please, less of these 'leave means leave' empty statements.)
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:33 AM

Reports that Corbyn wants meeting with the Queen?
apparently he believes he is entitled to parity with Boris?
WTF NEXT!!!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Reports that Corbyn wants meeting with the Queen?
apparently he believes he is entitled to parity with Boris?
WTF NEXT!!!!
Regards Donkeyman!
According to the media she told him she wont meet him.

That will teach him for not singing the national anthem

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top