Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 09:42 PM

Re: Getting Wrecked Already.

Think Clarkson uplifts some potatoes to sell in his new farm shop in episode 3.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

Talking of his farm shop Dex , it was in the paper the other day, how the local villagers where the shop is, is trying to get it closed down.

The article said about 'petrol heads who speed down the country lanes, and village roads being clogged with traffic.'

One parish councillor has called for it to be closed down immediately as when Jeremy put in a personal appearance hundreds of fans flocked to the village, causing chaos on the village roads.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 09:54 PM

Enthralled
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Talking of his farm shop Dex , it was in the paper the other day, how the local villagers where the shop is, is trying to get it closed down.

The article said about 'petrol heads who speed down the country lanes, and village roads being clogged with traffic.'

One parish councillor has called for it to be closed down immediately as when Jeremy put in a personal appearance hundreds of fans flocked to the village, causing chaos on the village roads.
Well, maybe if he just gave up the TV stuff and concentrated on his farm, maybe folk wouldn't be so bothered about him. Or is that why he's on telly?

Sorry I'm sounding mean. I'll give it watch and then voice my disparaging opinion
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I can understand that. The villagers objected against him trying to open it in the first place.

No doubt the madness will calm down in a bit, since the TV series has only been available for the last 3 weeks and will have generated much initial interest.

My guess is that on the plus side, local businesses will make an absolute killing with the influx of visitors.

Not sure what eh actual outcome will be. Technically, Clarkson is a practising farmer who owns a reasonably large farm and running a legitimate business. It would be a pity if his own fame ruins what he is trying to achieve.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-06-2021, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Enthralled
Pixie, the thread had asked for more uplifting experiences. I provided one
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

29-06-2021, 09:58 PM

Not sure what eh actual outcome will be. Technically, Clarkson is a practising farmer who owns a reasonably large farm and running a legitimate business. It would be a pity if his own fame ruins what he is trying to achieve.
It would really, and I mean that.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-06-2021, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Well, maybe if he just gave up the TV stuff and concentrated on his farm, maybe folk wouldn't be so bothered about him. Or is that why he's on telly?

Sorry I'm sounding mean. I'll give it watch and then voice my disparaging opinion
Go for it.

Other "celebs" cash in on their celeb status - Johnny Vegas and his glamping site being one that springs to mind.

Guess it goes with the territory.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

29-06-2021, 10:00 PM

Pixie, the thread had asked for more uplifting experiences. I provided one
Ahh, see you are too quick for me at this time of night, Dex...I was all "Wots he on about, with the potatoes?!"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
England beat Germany 2 - 0....Well done lads.....
History has been made today.....
At last Foxy. It took five page before someone said well done. I am not football mad but do enjoy the international tournaments, especially when we are doing well. It was an uplifting night for England tonight after all that we have been through as a Country, far less boring than listening to my neighbours arguing over a sausage.

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top