Join for free
Page 36 of 46 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 05:34 PM

Re: General Brexit discussion posts split from 'How did you vote thread'

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Of course I am I only have had four kids go through the system seen how the eu is held up as the best and we have to be scared to go it alone. I've seen UKIP kids made to look like worst racists etc. You are in the system and if how you behave here is how you behaved in the classroom gawd help us.
Enough of the personal stuff.

You may have had children in the system but you were not there in the classrooms.

Do you understand the concept "in context"?
That means you have taken into account the situation, time, what happened before and after and that you have the exact words that were spoken/written which might change the context.

Whatever you HEARD was said is irrelevant to making a fair and honest appraisal of tens of thousands of teachers, not to mention admin.

What if I wrote that I had herd a cleaner on the bus say that she hates working class white people.

Fro that I would conclude that she meant what I heard.
But what if I heard only a small part of it and she was quoting someone else and was bring critical? Should I assume that all cleaners hate working class white people???
I hope not!

and why should what happens in here have any bearing on what I did for 40 years of my PROFESSIONAL life In fact for all that time the subject never came up...why should it??

Now please put your accusations away. and stick to the subject.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't read any of her blatherings but, having read your comments and some others, I take it she is/was a teacher. Here or in France?

In any event, I have come across some teachers who should not really be in the profession and I get the impression that she may be one of them.
And I get the impression that you could have done with a few more teachers.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
What if I wrote that I had herd a cleaner on the bus say that she hates working class white people.

But what if I heard only a small part of it and she was quoting someone else and was bring critical? Should I assume that all cleaners hate working class white people???
Far from it ... I'd trust that you'd either get a hearing aid or take your self back to school to brush up on your spelling.

Thanks for the chuckle.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Far from it ... I'd trust that you'd either get a hearing aid or take your self back to school to brush up on your spelling.

Thanks for the chuckle.
I thought teachers always checked what people wrote, or did that not apply to themselves.
Flicker
France

05-01-2017, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Thanks for the chuckle.

This is yet another example of irrelevant, facile personal comments made by someone who cannot possibly imagine that there are days when arthritis kicks in and makes typing difficult for some.
Instead they choose to use some ridiculously small issues to bully someone while never actually adding to any remotely intelligent discussion.

If you choose to write in single syllables M, I don't think even you would misspell it.
Flicker
France

05-01-2017, 12:16 PM

The final vote in Brussels is taken after all negotiation, changes and jiggery pokery has been settled and nations have the changes they want.

All draft proposals have to pass thru national govt.
If the UK rubber taps something that says they agree. If they want to change something they have the chance.
Given that some who can only discuss issues which are superficial and facile, I wonder if SF would like to reconsider this last post in what was a relatively interesting part of the discussion.

Namely how EU laws are passed.

I noticed someone said that other countries do not follow EU law.
I have to ask WHICH laws...directives, regulations or decisions?

Only regulation have to be absorbed immediately into national law and to the letter.

The bulk of EU legislation is subject to alteration or can be ignored.

So to say some countries do not implement EU law is not an accurate assessment of reality. again.

Any comment SF?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:38 PM

This is yet another example of irrelevant, facile personal comments made by someone who cannot possibly imagine that there are days when arthritis kicks in and makes typing difficult for some.
Instead they choose to use some ridiculously small issues to bully someone while never actually adding to any remotely intelligent discussion.

If you choose to write in single syllables M, I don't think even you would misspell it.
How on earth does your arthritis cope with all these lengthy post you make then? Four, five or even a dozen a day at times.
An endurance award must be in order.
It's a shame you never offer the same understanding compassion to other members who might have similar and have off days.

I'll opt for single syllables then too... by the way I like my new diminutive of M And remember, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
So I'll call you F on OFF in case it's an F off day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:52 PM

Hi

Yep.

I will give you a few examples.

Health and Safety Legislation.

Electric ladder lifts are banned here in the UK under EU Legislation, go to Belgium or Holland and see them in use all the time, here we have to have scaffolding.

Next, Food legislation.

We stick to the EU rules, go to any village market in France,Portugal or Poland, my areas of expertise, they are routinely ignored.

I don't actually have a problem with that, we are the idiots for complying with it.

Lastly the clincher, your beloved France.

A total disregard for both EU and International Law on the treatment of Human beings.

The conditions in the Calais Camps were illegal, France turned a completely blind eye to them.

There are other camps springing up in France now, where the conditions are equally as bad and where your beloved France is in complete disregard of the law.

Nothing more to say really.
Flicker
France

05-01-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yep.

I will give you a few examples.

Health and Safety Legislation.

Electric ladder lifts are banned here in the UK under EU Legislation, go to Belgium or Holland and see them in use all the time, here we have to have scaffolding.

Next, Food legislation.

We stick to the EU rules, go to any village market in France,Portugal or Poland, my areas of expertise, they are routinely ignored.

I don't actually have a problem with that, we are the idiots for complying with it.

Lastly the clincher, your beloved France.

A total disregard for both EU and International Law on the treatment of Human beings.

The conditions in the Calais Camps were illegal, France turned a completely blind eye to them.

There are other camps springing up in France now, where the conditions are equally as bad and where your beloved France is in complete disregard of the law.

Nothing more to say really.
I would take exception to the statement that France ignored regulation in Calais...the migrated were given food, shelter and the opportunity to go home. Tens of thousands ere deported but most didn't have a place to deport them to.

They refused to apply for asylum because they then could not claim in the UK.

It is easy to sit legally and comfortable in your own peaceful country and criticise but believe me the mayor Calais was heard a lot!

They were offered accommodation they didn't take and when they did leave they came back.
Now what would YOU have done?

I cannot comment on the legislation you refer to because I don't know the specific ones and I don't know if they were of which of the three subheadings delegated by the EU. Only a small part of EU legislation has to be exactly adhered to. Check the link to the Telegraph I posted twice. Two of the types do not have to be done all the same way or even at all.

I see no difference between local markets in France and the covered ones in the UK. Food is displayed and sold in exactly the same way. But again any differences may be completely possible depending on how the country decides to interpret them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 02:55 PM

Enough of the personal stuff.

You may have had children in the system but you were not there in the classrooms.

Do you understand the concept "in context"?
That means you have taken into account the situation, time, what happened before and after and that you have the exact words that were spoken/written which might change the context.

Whatever you HEARD was said is irrelevant to making a fair and honest appraisal of tens of thousands of teachers, not to mention admin.

I hope not!

and why should what happens in here have any bearing on what I did for 40 years of my PROFESSIONAL life In fact for all that time the subject never came up...why should it??

Now please put your accusations away. and stick to the subject.
Personal stuff ? You're the one saying you know more than anyone actually using the education system, I'm very glad we managed to get out of the public system if the spelling in your posts is demonstrative of the standards. Btw don't say it's a hand problem I'm using voice recognition mine as so bad with my ms at the moment. We can all find health problems to excuse us if we want.

Page 36 of 46 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top