Join for free
Lucia
New Member!
europe
Lucia is female 

12-12-2012, 08:01 PM

Problemfeet-Which shoes?

Hello.My name is Luci an Im new to this board.I have a question about shoes.Over the years my toes especially in my right foot changed their shape and are not very straight now.I attached a photo,maybe you can imagine my problem better.I have problems getting (closed)shoes because my toes rub on the upper part of the shoes which always results in getting corns after a while.

Does anyone know a shoe brand that can help me with my problem or maybe anyone heard of a non-operative technique to straighten curled toes ?

Thank you.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Re: Problemfeet-Which shoes?

Hello Luci, welcome to the forum!

I've no experience of this so I'm unable to suggest a shoe brand that would be more comfortable for you.

Have you visited a podiatrist at all? You may be able to get some advice on how to treat your toes there. I hope someone can can come up with something to help you.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 08:45 PM

Hello Luci, welcome from me too

I can only show you a link to a site for problem feet, that I use. http://www.cosyfeet.com/?utm_source=...paign=Cosyfeet
I suffer with cellulitis and haven't been able to wear shoes from a shoe shop for about 10 years. Cosyfeet are not cheap but you should be able to find some aids to help and shoes to fit.
Wish you luck.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 08:47 PM

Forgot to say, you can order a catalogue from them.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 08:56 PM

Hello Lucia and wlcome to the forum

Looking at the photograph it seems like you have a hammer toe. My husband has had the same thing and was referred to a podiatrist who made a splint for him and also gave him some exercises. He was reluctant to have surgery and fortunately it did stabilise, although it remains bent. He also has a similar thing with his hands (dupuytren's contracture) but again refuses to have surgery which in the case of his hands would help. I am attaching a link for you to read which I hope will help. Best thing is to get your GP to make a referral to a podiatrist for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002215/

Edited to add:

Here is another link to Hotter Shoes, which I believe are very cofortable to wear with some quite nice styles.

http://www.hottershoes.com/en/Women/...oductList=true
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:35 PM

Hello Lucia and welcome

I also suffer from Celulitis and I have big feet because I'm a big person, I get my slippers from Cosyfeet but my shoes I get are Ecco ones, they are about £55 a pair but they cater for the most swelled feet. You can find out what stores sell Ecco shoes. Good Luck.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 12:17 AM

Hi Lucia. That must be very uncomfortable for you. You give your location as Europe so I'm presuming you're not from this country.

I would do as suggested and visit a podiatrist, or chiropodist, who may be able to help you. Good luck.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 11:27 AM

Welcome Lucia,

Sorry to see how your toes have gone over the years. Hope you can resolve the problem with your toes.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Hi Lucia

I also have this problem and have visited a chiropodist who says there is no cure. You need wide fitting shoes with a good depth. I realise you are not in the UK but this website supplies good fitting shoes as they understand the problem.

http://www.widerfitshoes.co.uk/

Your location says Europe so not sure where you are but I think you will have to search on line for suppliers in your country. I do buy shoes from ordinary shops as well but its always a problem. If you see shoes that look nice and soft then buy them !

Good luck

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top