Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Savouries...

Does anyone have a simple recipe for a simple savoury? Like mini tarts, or something?

I would like to enter something in the Produce Show in 4 weeks and want to wow the judges!

Tried looking on the internet but far too much to choose from.

Has anyone ever made gorgonzola, cheese and walnut tarts, for instance? I tasted this at a Weymouth hotel and thought it unusual.

But any other suggestions would be gratefully received, providing they have been tried and tested.
Thanks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Re: Savouries...

Hi Janet these are lovely

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...and-thyme.html

If you cases are shallow do not put too much of the onion mix in or there is not enough room for the egg mix and cheese.
I like to put a bit of chopped thyme in the egg mix too.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Janet these are lovely

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...and-thyme.html
You've certainly got my juices running with that recipe Meg, I'll try that one myself this week, they look absolutely scrummy
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 07:47 PM

Mmmmmm. Looks nice, but it makes a lot, doesn't it? I have no quality control here and would have to eat them all myself! Wonder if quantities can be reduced?

Thanks Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Mmmmmm. Looks nice, but it makes a lot, doesn't it? I have no quality control here and would have to eat them all myself! Wonder if quantities can be reduced?

Thanks Meg.
Hi Janet they freeze very well .
Take them out and straight into the microwave for 30sec and they are fine
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

17-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Janet they freeze very well .
Take them out and straight into the microwave for 30sec and they are fine
Just one slight problem here...I couldn't even fit a blade of grass in my freezer ATM! or should that be

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top