Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:50 PM

Re: Make him a cuppa

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Number one, especially among the younger customer. No etiquette or manners whatsoever. I've even had some of those make and drink a cuppa for themselves and not even ask me.

Have had all of the others except for the being offered sex one, number six and number nine being the most irritating. When someone has made a complete balls-up of a bit of DIY electrics, they are then looking over your shoulder to see what they've done wrong. Then there's the "I could have done this myself but the wife wouldn't let me" routine. Yeah, right.
We both know which ones are the worst for looking over your shoulder and for telling you it's an 'easy job'. My answer to the latter was 'well you do it then and save yourself some money'. They couldn't, of course.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:53 PM

All tradesman know that if they are offered the chocolate hobnobs, they are in for a good afternoon.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Yep, followed up with the inevitable "Custard Cream".
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 03:22 PM

Funny thing, this topic coming up now.
Just last week at my place of volunteering, one of the gentlemen spoke up and said he remembered me from twenty years ago. I asked the circumstance and he replied.
"Your hubby asked me to come and weld a part of your wood stove liner. When I had finished, you came downstairs and asked me if I would like a cup of coffee. You were gracious, and I never forgot it."

Moral of the story....what you do today follows you into tomorrow.
So lovely of him to share the good deed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
All tradesman know that if they are offered the chocolate hobnobs, they are in for a good afternoon.

Hah! Cheeky chops.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Number one, especially among the younger customer. No etiquette or manners whatsoever. I've even had some of those make and drink a cuppa for themselves and not even ask me.

Have had all of the others except for the being offered sex one, number six and number nine being the most irritating. When someone has made a complete balls-up of a bit of DIY electrics, they are then looking over your shoulder to see what they've done wrong. Then there's the "I could have done this myself but the wife wouldn't let me" routine. Yeah, right.

Gosh, I do apologise, you should have said you were thirsty.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-02-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Funny thing, this topic coming up now.
Just last week at my place of volunteering, one of the gentlemen spoke up and said he remembered me from twenty years ago. I asked the circumstance and he replied.
"Your hubby asked me to come and weld a part of your wood stove liner. When I had finished, you came downstairs and asked me if I would like a cup of coffee. You were gracious, and I never forgot it."

Moral of the story....what you do today follows you into tomorrow.
So lovely of him to share the good deed.
Phew! I was starting to wonder where that story was going.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 05:14 PM

I’m surprised decorators don’t get offered a bit of nookie....after all, they like to give a Matt finish....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 05:35 PM

I always offer tea, coffee or squash to any tradesman who comes here.
Once someone told me to wait until they finished all the paperwork as you could be charged for the time whilst they drank the tea or coffee.

When l did hairdressing in people’s homes, l always refused an offer of tea or coffee, as l had tasted some pretty horrible tea in my time.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 07:19 PM

I always offer a drink to trades people, my gardener likes black coffee no sugar, but the others I've seem recently have all refused, mainly due to having a drink before coming to me.
My handy man I could easily offer more than money to, he is gorgeous, but sadly young enough to be my great grandson.

Edited to say, perhaps young enough to be only my grandson.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top