Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bingbong
Chester
Bingbong is female 

06-02-2020, 01:04 PM

Re: Make him a cuppa

Any tradesmen working for us get offered a cup of tea or coffee, and a sizeable tip when the work is completed if we are satisfied with it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bingbong ->
Any tradesmen working for us get offered a cup of tea or coffee, and a sizeable tip when the work is completed if we are satisfied with it.
Other posters take note.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Other posters take note.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

And you can be quiet an' all.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have clearly lived a sheltered life .
Me too.

Although most of my plumbing career was commercial construction, or supervision, I did my fair share of "house calls." I was never offered sex. Maybe I am uglier than I think......

I would tend to believe that a lot of the tradesman's talk about it is just wishful thinking. If I had been offered sex in exchange for work I would have expected some sort of trap in the making and all of my alarm bells would have been ringing. Besides all of that, I made a promise to a wonderful woman 50 years ago, and I haven't broken it yet.

When I ran my own business, I had no trouble with poor people paying their bills even if it had to be over some time. I remember one poor elderly woman who owed me about $200.00 for some work that came by my office every week with ten dollars until it was paid off. The only ones who stiffed me were wealthy individuals and successful businesses.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:37 PM

I once had a customer ring to say her radiator valve was leaking. When I got there I discovered the nut was loose, so I tightened it up (took less than 30 seconds). She insisted that her dog had undone the nut with its teeth and said she didn't have any money so was there another way she could pay me, even though I wasn't going to charge her anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I once had a customer ring to say her radiator valve was leaking. When I got there I discovered the nut was loose, so I tightened it up (took less than 30 seconds). She insisted that her dog had undone the nut with its teeth and said she didn't have any money so was there another way she could pay me, even though I wasn't going to charge her anyway.

Aha! See, it's all coming out now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-02-2020, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aha! See, it's all coming out now.
It didn't then though. She looked like Bernard Manning.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top