Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:29 PM

Re: Style through the era's.

I remember the 90's being anything 'designer'. It used to say Calvin Klein on my pants, now it says 'Not to be sold separately'
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i remember the 90's being anything 'designer'. It used to say calvin klein on my pants, now it says 'not to be sold separately'
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember the 90's being anything 'designer'. It used to say Calvin Klein on my pants, now it says 'Not to be sold separately'
LOL, know that feeling LD. I've progressed from thong to silk designer matching underwear to Victoria's Secret to today - Sloggi's and Marks + Sparks high leg brief panties. Another few years and it will probably be full leg knickers.

Sigh! another world away.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Aahh, the early 70’s. I well remember having a wardrobe full of hot pants of every description. My favourites was a very expensive matching white see-through set with lilac and purple flowers on the top and matching hot-pants (definitely evenings only. respectfully, the hotpants were double lined but the top was see through.) also loved wearing suede hot-pants with bibs.
Of course the matching colour knee length boots were also a must.

I also remember often visiting Jean Machine in Oxford Street with my friends to buy our F.Us jeans. It was a unisex shop and we had to try them on in tiny cubicles with saloon type doors. We pulled the jeans up and then had to walk back into the shop itself for an assistant (always men) to pull up the jeans zip with a hook. (if you could pull the zip up yourself- no good, too big).There was only ever one huge mirror and that was in the main shop itself.

I also loved wearing the crochet mini-dresses. Also the mini-dresses with tassels.

LOL, Brings back fond memories.
I remember Jean Machine in the Kings Road, FUs, Pepe, Brutus ...

Shops down the New Kings Road selling Army/AirForce great coats and colourful gear we liked to think resembled Sgt Pepper ...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

09-02-2020, 12:53 PM

Levi 501 .. how I loved those with inconvenient button fly. Good enough for Wham, The Smiths ...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I remember Jean Machine in the Kings Road, FUs, Pepe, Brutus ...

Shops down the New Kings Road selling Army/AirForce great coats and colourful gear we liked to think resembled Sgt Pepper ...
And of course - Carnaby Street where you could find any type of clothing, and Petticoat Lane and Berwick St Markets.
Those were the days.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:03 PM

Aahh, the early 70’s. I well remember having a wardrobe full of hot pants of every description. My favourites was a very expensive matching white see-through set with lilac and purple flowers on the top and matching hot-pants (definitely evenings only. respectfully, the hotpants were double lined but the top was see through.) also loved wearing suede hot-pants with bibs.
Of course the matching colour knee length boots were also a must.

I also remember often visiting Jean Machine in Oxford Street with my friends to buy our F.Us jeans. It was a unisex shop and we had to try them on in tiny cubicles with saloon type doors. We pulled the jeans up and then had to walk back into the shop itself for an assistant (always men) to pull up the jeans zip with a hook. (if you could pull the zip up yourself- no good, too big).There was only ever one huge mirror and that was in the main shop itself.

I also loved wearing the crochet mini-dresses. Also the mini-dresses with tassels.

LOL, Brings back fond memories.
Apart from the obvious, what are F.Us?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-02-2020, 01:19 PM

I even recall when working in Savile Row, going swimming in the lower Regent Street swimming baths every lunchtime (when I wasn't shopping). walk from the office, (5 minutes) swim 4 lengths of the pool (20 minutes), super quick shower in the ladies section and dressed (10 minutes), short-cut back through the alley and buy a sandwich at the Deli with my Luncheon Voucher,(10 minutes) and back at my desk after using my curling tongs and repair job on make-up in the ladies Loo.(15 minutes).

Had it down to a tee. (even if I'd swear I could still smell the Chlorine now and again on my skin, even after the shower) Luckily, everyone knew I went swimming during the lunch hour. Hate to think they thought it was my body lotion!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Apart from the obvious, what are F.Us?
It was one of the most popular brand names for female denim jeans that fitted perfectly if one couldn't breathe or eat anything whilst wearing them. The denim was itself super soft and figure-hugging. Beautiful!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 02:38 PM

LOL, know that feeling LD. I've progressed from thong to silk designer matching underwear to Victoria's Secret to today - Sloggi's and Marks + Sparks high leg brief panties. Another few years and it will probably be full leg knickers.

Sigh! another world away.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top