Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 10:41 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Morning all,
Well I have survived the worst of the storm, so that's a good start.
Still windy this morning, and cold too, we'll probably have snow next!
We've been given a yellow warning for sleet/snow about 3:00pm, and an amber warning for snow about 6:00pm!!

Hibernation is looking good!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 10:48 AM

Good morning all continuing gale force wind today but it is sunny, which is an improvement on yesterday.

I won’t be going out today, I don’t feel confident enough in this wind with my dodgy leg. Poor Mr Mags, he hates shopping but I have to admit he is standing up to his duties like a good’un!

Meg, I hope your GP can help you with a change of medication.

Sorry to hear about those of you with storm damage, I hope it can be repaired and sorted out very soon.

Enjoy your day everyone...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Good morning all, windy here but not quite as bad as yesterday thank goodness.

After the flat roof felt over the kitchen diner was ripped off yesterday, we are awaiting a call from the insurance company contractors to to come and make us watertight again as I only managed a temporary fix yesterday with the aid of neighbours.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Nothing worse than losing your roof. No organisation you can ring in such an emergency?

Here you ring the State Emergency Service (SES - ph 132500) and they will arrive with tarpaulins, chainsaws etc. Like the Rural Fire Service all local volunteers but well trained and dedicated. They responded to 10s of thousands of calls in the storm this weekend as well as during bushfires.

https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nothing worse than losing your roof. No organisation you can ring in such an emergency?

Here you ring the State Emergency Service (SES - ph 132500) and they will arrive with tarpaulins, chainsaws etc. Like the Rural Fire Service all local volunteers but well trained and dedicated. They responded to 10s of thousands of calls in the storm this weekend as well as during bushfires.

https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/

No Bruce, no such organisation here apart from the police and fire service, who are needed to defend life rather than repair damage. In any case I think they would have been rather too busy elsewhere yesterday!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 01:20 PM

Hi

The wind is back again and part of the felt on my shed roof is torn and parts missing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top