Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 05:37 PM

'U' Tube and Brexit !

80 % of brexit news is now coming via 'U' Tube ??
It seems that the MSM has had its sources of info cut off by the
EU negotiators who appear to be using their own team of
commentators to issue their version of the so called news emanating
from Barmiers tunnel of silence via 'U' Tube !!??
Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for me, l am almost totally
deaf and so am unable to understand a word they are saying, but
I am sure it is not worth listening to??
Has anybody else noticed this phenomena??
Or am l being paranoid ??

Donkeyman! 🤔😇🤔
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 05:52 PM

Re: 'U' Tube and Brexit !

No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I will have a look and see what they are saying about it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 07:22 PM

I haven't seen any relaible YouTube sources for genuine news relating to Brexit; if you'd like to share I would be happy to investigate but there's nothing but the usual unqualified stuff as far as I can see.

AFAIK the EU's more "with it" powers-that-be have Twitter accounts but there is usually not much relevant on their pages - presumably because of the abuse their pages generate, and not from UK brexiteers either please note.

As for the latest - well according to some folk Barmier is getting peeved that Boris is trying to work around Barmier and talk directly with some EU leaders. If correct, Barmier is said to be firmly against what he describes as "a big tug of war" with more lenient leaders.

Yet it is being widely reported (but strangely not by our major media channels) that Boris will have a video call tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon with von der Leyen to "to take stock of the UK-EU negotiations."
Will we see action taken by Boris after that, I wonder?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/new...u-trade-talks/

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-39715627.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ay-eu-official

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-barnier-frost
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I haven't seen any relaible YouTube sources for genuine news relating to Brexit; if you'd like to share I would be happy to investigate but there's nothing but the usual unqualified stuff as far as I can see.

AFAIK the EU's more "with it" powers-that-be have Twitter accounts but there is usually not much relevant on their pages - presumably because of the abuse their pages generate, and not from UK brexiteers either please note.

As for the latest - well according to some folk Barmier is getting peeved that Boris is trying to work around Barmier and talk directly with some EU leaders. If correct, Barmier is said to be firmly against what he describes as "a big tug of war" with more lenient leaders.

Yet it is being widely reported (but strangely not by our major media channels) that Boris will have a video call tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon with von der Leyen to "to take stock of the UK-EU negotiations."
Will we see action taken by Boris after that, I wonder?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/new...u-trade-talks/

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-39715627.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ay-eu-official

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-barnier-frost
Thats exacty what l am talking about Zaphod
Our MSM hasbeen regurgitating old news for about a week now?
The only new stuff seems to be coming from 'U' Tube now? Which as
you say is just unauthenticated rubbish !!
I think this is due to Barmiers news blackout which seems to be
very effective l must say !
Unlike our leaky HOC??

Doneyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Thats exacty what l am talking about Zaphod
Our MSM hasbeen regurgitating old news for about a week now?
The only new stuff seems to be coming from 'U' Tube now? Which as
you say is just unauthenticated rubbish !!
I think this is due to Barmiers news blackout which seems to be
very effective l must say !
Unlike our leaky HOC??

Doneyman! 🤔🤔
Well IIRC the idea was that it would prevent any leaks which could prejudice an outcome.
Let's see if we hear anything after the Boris/von der Leyen chat; I hope we do because I'm pretty sure that loads of us have had enough.
If the EU won't recognise our sovereignty we must call it a day, they've had plenty long enough.

Our media have had lots of practice at regurgitating the same old same old with Brexit so far, dragging up old news which has been debunked but trying to put a new spin on it.

The latest of course concerns a supposed Biden slant because of the US Presidential Elections, suggesting that somehow Biden likes the UK less than Trump.
This is obviously just so much rubbish.
Even if you ignore Trump putting tariffs on Scotch whisky and other products, what has Trump done in these past years which is positive for the UK?

In contrast, besides the fact that both our own and USA trade advisers (including those of Biden's) tell us that a USA/UK trade deal is near agreement Biden is very pro-CPTPP, and the UK is well on its way to becoming a member of that.

Frankly I'm fed up to the eye teeth of the deliberate misinformation; propagandising; and downright deception of so much of our media.
It's time they returned to reporting news and stopped trying to make up their own in attempts to sway public opinion.
Haven't they learned from the mass move away from printed media and towards other sources, or from the BBC because of their tactics with hundreds every day cancelling TV licenses?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 06:00 AM

Hi

It is all speculation at the .

Boris and Co have made certain promises, we will soon know if everything will go according to plan.

We have already left the EU.

We soon end Transition when things change.

We already know we are not ready and are handing the EU an advantage until July.

I find this unforgivable.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 08:19 AM

Jeff Taylor on YouTube is pretty good
Zaphod
Lincs UK

07-11-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Boris and Co have made certain promises, we will soon know if everything will go according to plan.

We already know we are not ready and are handing the EU an advantage until July.

Untrue.
I find people's belief in what media tell them which all too frequently has no basis in fact unforgivable.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Aren't you being just a tad unfair by saying this? Something like 85-90% of our manufacturers already import/export outside the EU without any real problems, so why should the remainder have some when it comes to WTO? I'll bet you a £1 to a 1p that even the remaining 10-15% have at lease some dealings outside the EU so are already eminently aware of what they need to do come Jan 1st. I suggest they are just trowelling it on just to stir the sh!t and make trouble for Boris and Co.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Aren't you being just a tad unfair by saying this? Something like 85-90% of our manufacturers already import/export outside the EU without any real problems, so why should the remainder have some when it comes to WTO? I'll bet you a £1 to a 1p that even the remaining 10-15% have at lease some dealings outside the EU so are already eminently aware of what they need to do come Jan 1st. I suggest they are just trowelling it on just to stir the sh!t and make trouble for Boris and Co.

Most businesses don't deal with the Eu anyway and those that do usually don't do it exclusively

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top