Join for free
Page 16 of 27 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 07:39 PM

Re: World War II

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Obviously you have not traveled to The Philippines. Americans are loved and admired throughout the country. The Filipinos remember everything that Americans did to free them from the cruel yoke of the Japanese army.
My personal experiences in Hong Kong and Thailand lead me to believe that they also love Americans.

In any event, I suggest you study the history of The British Empire and what they did to India, before you go pointing fingers.
Who cares what happened in India? Certainly not me! In any case British colonisation brought far more in terms of the value of modernisation than the value raw materials taken, much of which was not even recognised by the natives.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Who cares what happened in India? Certainly not me! In any case British colonisation brought far more in terms of the value of modernisation than the value raw materials taken, much of which was not even recognised by the natives.
Well possibly the Indians who are making our Astra Zeneca vaccines...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:03 PM

I haven't read the above 150 posts on the subject, but I thought WW2 was started by some busy body Tory PM who had a bad trip then immediately regretted mentioning something about supporting Poland in a disagreement that might otherwise have come to nothing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I haven't read the above 150 posts on the subject, but I thought WW2 was started by some busy body Tory PM who had a bad trip then immediately regretted mentioning something about supporting Poland in a disagreement that might otherwise have come to nothing.
Well Hitler's plan was for Britain to be a Nazi partner in his global empire. So back to back Wagner at the Albert hall and sauerkraut and sausages instead of chips.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well Hitler's plan was for Britain to be a Nazi partner in his global empire. So back to back Wagner at the Albert hall and sauerkraut and sausages instead of chips.
Britain should have remained partners. There were better ways of sorting out Germany's social cleansing activities than full on WW.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well possibly the Indians who are making our Astra Zeneca vaccines...
Most probably grateful for what Britain did for them in the past. They certainly should be.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-04-2021, 08:23 PM

Britain should have remained partners. There were better ways of sorting out Germany's social cleansing activities than full on WW.
It wasn't social cleansing, it was genetic cleansing so creating such an awful "name" for it that when we really need to do it for really good reasons it would probably be unacceptable to the majority. But not everyone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
who cares what happened in india? Certainly not me! In any case british colonisation brought far more in terms of the value of modernisation than the value raw materials taken, much of which was not even recognised by the natives.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-04-2021, 08:26 PM

The way that Poland was expanded after Versailles is another interesting subject.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-04-2021, 08:27 PM

The Jewish population might disagree. The Kindertransport would have been reversed back. Partnership on his terms not ours.

Page 16 of 27 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top