Join for free
Page 102 of 505 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 02:24 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
With all these people washing their hands we should have a reduced spread on surfaces. I'm far more worried about people coughing around me.

Who has cleaned their phone/ tablet?
Hi

Not me, I am the only one who uses them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 02:34 PM

Yes but if you are washing your hands but using the tablet in between when out and about then you have a contaminated tablet/phone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 02:36 PM

There was a professor on just now talking about how water dilutes the virus. Putting on a gel that you don't wipe off when you do not have access to soap and water has one action. Washing hands dilutes and flushes the virus off your hands. There's a difference in the dynamics.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Without a host it dies when the temperature is high enough. So hot weather will reduce non airborne spread. I believe I was talking about wiping surfaces with a cloth steeped in hot water. This in my theory should be just as effective as scarce detergents.
In that case ,following your theory Annie the repeated advice of using soap for washing hands is incorrect and washing hands in hot water would be enough?
Bleach in hot water for wiping surfaces down yes but I haven't seen thin bleach for years ,it’s all thick toilet bowl & drain stuff around these days . Why?
Anyway ,if you happen to be someone using public transport ,think the Tube for instance ,what chance have commuters to wash their hands on their journey into work ? Think about how many times they must touch surfaces countless others have .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-03-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
In that case ,following your theory Annie the repeated advice of using soap for washing hands is incorrect and washing hands in hot water would be enough?
Bleach in hot water for wiping surfaces down yes but I haven't seen thin bleach for years ,it’s all thick toilet bowl & drain stuff around these days . Why?
Anyway ,if you happen to be someone using public transport ,think the Tube for instance ,what chance have commuters to wash their hands on their journey into work ? Think about how many times they must touch surfaces countless others have .
Zuleika we were talking about what can be done when shelves are cleared due to panic buying. I'm just saying that it's not the end of the world and there are other options. I think I saw thin bleach in Asda the other day.

In terms of other precautions you do not have to touch bus or train rails. You can wear gloves. I have leather gloves and use them when travelling. I've taken to opening doors with my sleeve over my hand. I wash my hands whenever I get home or leave work and several times in between. The illness doesn't get into the skin of your hands so simply not touching your face is the advice. I'm far more worried about sitting next to someone who coughs or even breathes on me in a confined space.

We have been given anti viral gel at work since the outbreak. But they were talking of maybe closing the office as a precaution. So we are preparing for working from home. I think many organisations are doing the same. If those who can work from home then the risk to those who cannot will be far reduced including reducing commuting risk on crowded buses and trains. It makes sense.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Although awareness is always a good thing, the media has gone into a frenzy with this virus. People are beginning to panic, stockpiling, and generally behaving as though there is no hope. Many who get this virus will survive, some won’t. I believe you should always practice the sensible things like thoroughly washing your hands, sneezing into a tissue or your sleeve etc and not be responsible for the spread of any germs. Keeping a healthy lifestyle is also important. I guess my attitude is…..if it’s my time, it’s my time and in the meantime, I refuse to be thrown into a panic and will continue to enjoy life with a few precautions during this difficult time.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Heatherbelle ->
Although awareness is always a good thing, the media has gone into a frenzy with this virus. People are beginning to panic, stockpiling, and generally behaving as though there is no hope. Many who get this virus will survive, some won’t. I believe you should always practice the sensible things like thoroughly washing your hands, sneezing into a tissue or your sleeve etc and not be responsible for the spread of any germs. Keeping a healthy lifestyle is also important. I guess my attitude is…..if it’s my time, it’s my time and in the meantime, I refuse to be thrown into a panic and will continue to enjoy life with a few precautions during this difficult time.
Taking precautions, maintaining our usual hygiene standards and following reasonable advice is all we can do. We have no influence over anything in any other way.

Life goes on as they say!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 05:44 PM

Don't forget to clean Your tv remotes also.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
In that case, following your theory Annie the repeated advice of using soap for washing hands is incorrect and washing hands in hot water would be enough?
Bleach in hot water for wiping surfaces down yes but I haven't seen thin bleach for years, it’s all thick toilet bowl & drain stuff around these days. Why?

Anyway, if you happen to be someone using public transport, think the Tube for instance, what chance have commuters to wash their hands on their journey into work? Think about how many times they must touch surfaces countless others have.
They may not have the opportunity on their journey to wash their hands. However, if they can avoid touching their mouth, eyes or nose in that time they can then wash their hands as soon as they get to work. Problem solved.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 06:28 PM

I think it's no harsher than a nasty flu virus and when hit by them they do knock us off our feet . I believe it will be worrying for the vulnerable and elderly but then the flu virus is nasty isn't it .

Strangely enough it's not hitting the young thank goodness .

Yes of course we are all jittery and I understand that , non of us want it and are worried but I'm sure most healthy folk will get over it . Build yourself up with good vitamins now so you can fight it if you are unfortunate enough to catch it .

That's what I'm doing

Page 102 of 505 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top