Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 02:41 PM

Re: Animal search website

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, that's interesting. I will have another look Longdongs, thank you.
Whoops - I've done it again . . .
There might even be a lost Londong on there.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 03:09 PM

Well ..... I thought - here we go again!

Tinca (black cat that got lost soon after moving in) bunked off at great speed again this morning because we had the gas engineer in. When he didn't return after gas man had gone, I started to worry. (You only need one incident of a lost animal in your life to instill the dreaded fear of never seeing them again), He hadn't been out of the garden for some months, and I searched high and low for him but to no avail.
My other ageing cat ventured out of his hidey hole and into the garden with me. So I asked him to 'bleat' and Tinca would possibly hear him. Would you believe it, he did. He ventured over to the far side of the garden where there is a track beyond the fence at the rear, and I could hear him bleating away. I then heard what sounded like a cat climbing up the other side of the fence (high fence), and Tinca appeared over the top.

Oh the relief ..... aren't animals just wonderful???
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What a worthy website and what a great organisation!

I am so pleased you both had kittens come back to you.
You both must have been frantic at the time.

One tip that someone who always had cats and kittens told me was that whenever you move in a new home, always put jam or marmalade on the paws of your kitten or cat. Yes they will lick most of it off but apparently,when they go out, they can smell the scent of the jam/marmalade on the ground and therefore find their way home to their new house.
She had this tip told to her by a cat rescue lady and it never failed.
Thank you SSG.
I will remember your tip - hopefully never having to put it into action, but anything is worth a try when they get lost. The soiled litter is a good one though, as cats will recognise their own scent, but I suppose it would depend on whether your cat had been on a litter tray.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lochsong ->
Well ..... I thought - here we go again!

Tinca (black cat that got lost soon after moving in) bunked off at great speed again this morning because we had the gas engineer in. When he didn't return after gas man had gone, I started to worry. (You only need one incident of a lost animal in your life to instill the dreaded fear of never seeing them again), He hadn't been out of the garden for some months, and I searched high and low for him but to no avail.
My other ageing cat ventured out of his hidey hole and into the garden with me. So I asked him to 'bleat' and Tinca would possibly hear him. Would you believe it, he did. He ventured over to the far side of the garden where there is a track beyond the fence at the rear, and I could hear him bleating away. I then heard what sounded like a cat climbing up the other side of the fence (high fence), and Tinca appeared over the top.

Oh the relief ..... aren't animals just wonderful???
That's a great story and I have heard several similar ones where pets find other pets.

Slightly off topic but my two cats love ham. Whenever I put ham down for Olivia, she always runs off to find Tirzah before eating it bless her. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the other way, Tirzah will eat the lot given the chance.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!

21-08-2016, 07:15 PM

That's fantastic LD. Don't let them have too much ham though - it's the salt content you need to be careful of.

My two Boys have never got on, as Tinca came to me as a kitten and Symon was introduced at about the age of 7. Tinca has always been a bit of a bully, and made poor old Symon's life a misery for a good many years.

When I moved here, they were kept in for 8 months due to workman being here, and I knew they would be 'off' the minute they were let out, as they are both of a nervous disposition where humans are concerned. I believe being kept in together is why they now get on so much better.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top