Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 02:43 AM

Re: French Riots

Well they may be YOUR friends,Ray-they're certainly no friends to chauffeurs routiers Britanniques.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
If that sort of nasal whining turns you on, Bruce!
I don't think so...

What's the difference between a pommie and a Qantas jet?

The Qantas jet stops whining when it arrives at Sydney airport.

(Very old joke)
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't think so...

What's the difference between a pommie and a Qantas jet?

The Qantas jet stops whining when it arrives at Sydney airport.

(Very old joke)
Bruce, you live over 9000 miles away, give it a rest.

You know nothing about the french or what it's like to travel there and suffer their prejudices and arrogance.

It's a bit like the Aborigines that have to suffer your Australian arrogance and prejudice.

As for your comment about French military prowess.........What The F........???? Hilarious!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I think you'll find that's the English. Les français, nos amis de l'autre côté de la mer
Vous serez juge par les amis que vous gardez
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
As for your comment about French military prowess.........What The F........???? Hilarious!
According to historian Niall Ferguson: "of the 125 major European wars fought since 1495, the French have participated in 50 – more than Austria (47) and England (43). Out of 168 battles fought since 387 BC, they have won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10."

Obviously my memory of being taught European history is better than yours.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

02-01-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Bruce, you live over 9000 miles away, give it a rest.
We Aussies refuse to be dictated to by an undemocratic tiny European island. Only our mates the USA and China can do that.

What is it with this tiny European island nation anyway? It is OK for them to insult the French, Germans or any nation that they fancy calling names but say anything remotely derogatory about them and they go all weak at the knees, the stiff upper lip becomes a loose flabby chin, they go all defensive and close to tears. They dish it out but can't take it.

Sad really.

BTW just for your information I grew up only about 40 km from France I suspect that is bloody sight closer than you are now.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

To be perfectly honest, though, I have met some very amiable Frogs whilst on our travels there.

Perhaps it's just the politicians?

When we drove from Calais to Provence some years ago, I remember finding a place in the countryside for us to stay to break our journey.

I attempted my schoolboy French (though I remember very little): "Avez vous un place de securite pour notre bicyclettes?"

After that they (and we) spoke in English. I think it's just a matter of making a little effort.
Always useful to know that.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

02-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Why wasn't Jesus born in Australia?
He couldn't find 3 wise men or a virgin.

[even older joke]
Careful, our First Nation peoples might find that joke a racist stereotype as they were the only people here at the time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 11:34 AM

Blimey Bruce, this is 2019 (well, 2018 for you)
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 03:08 PM

The protesters are demanding the right to hold 'citizens initiative referendum' on new legislation, in effect to self govern. The concessions made so far are not enough and probably protest will continue.

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top