Join for free
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 08:33 PM

Jericho, Cecil's brother.........

Has been shot dead by poachers.

The brother of Cecil the lion, Jericho, has been shot dead by poachers in Zimbabwe.

The Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force wrote on Facebook: "It is with huge disgust and sadness that we have just been informed that Jericho, Cecil's brother has been killed at 4pm today.

Who's bribed them this time????

Alice
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 08:56 PM

Re: Jericho, Cecil's brother.........

Breaks my heart to think anyone would want to kill any of these beautiful creatures. I can't understand how anyone could do such a thing.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 09:40 PM

Conflicting reports.
One of the rangers has reported he's alive and well and has been seen moving around...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Conflicting reports.
One of the rangers has reported he's alive and well and has been seen moving around...

How odd? Wonder what's really happened?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 11:09 PM

I sometimes watch the documentary series American Guns ...

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/american-guns/

But the last episode I watched this guy had his rifle converted from a small caliber to a large one. Very interesting from an engineering point of view but at the end they talked about what the gun was to be used for. Apparently the owner was off around the world shooting animals such as elephants. Hunting is ingrained in many Americans and if they have the money they want to blast away and blast away they will. Unsettling I found it. Guns to shoot targets yes but not to shoot anything else. Made me re-evaluate the series and whether I should watch it anymore.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:41 AM

Still alive according to the radio this morning. Everything seem to get blown out of proportion by the press.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Still alive according to the radio this morning. Everything seem to get blown out of proportion by the press.

Typical.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 05:07 PM

I heard he was seen alive and well and eating breakfast .much to my relief.
I really hope that he and other wild animals are being kept a watch on more closely to try and deter these scumbag people (I use the word people loosely)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top