Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 06:06 AM

Re: Same ole Same ole

Hi

I object, I really do, to being called a Right Winger because I voted to leave.

This is simply not correct.

Farage has a foreign wife, so does Fender.

My pretendies are Polish.

I employed Muslim Staff who I hold in the highest regard.

We are not Xenophobes, we are real people.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Damaging to who? And how could Scottish independence be any more damaging than Brexit which itself is likely to stir up the calls for independence as Scotland’s desire was to remain in the EU.
Scotland doesn't have a currency for a start.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I object, I really do, to being called a Right Winger because I voted to leave.

This is simply not correct.

Farage has a foreign wife, so does Fender.

My pretendies are Polish.

I employed Muslim Staff who I hold in the highest regard.

We are not Xenophobes, we are real people.
Wasting your time Swims,

As we voted leave, we are "automatically" Xenophobes / racists / anti johnny foreigner / little Englanders.....etc

We know we're not and that's good enough for me.
It's just some of the usual nauseating drivel they like to come out with.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Wasting your time Swims,

As we voted leave, we are "automatically" Xenophobes / racists / anti johnny foreigner / little Englanders.....etc

We know we're not and that's good enough for me.
It's just some of the usual nauseating drivel they like to come out with.
I too have mostly stopped arguing with lefty-liberal-remainers, but here are a couple of points

I remember on one of the many programmes at the time of the Referendum an American journalist was invited to comment, and he said that the Remain side do not seem to understand one of the main rules of political campaigning - you can insult the opposition parties and you can insult their policies, but you can't insult the electorate, as that will go against you

If you do criticise or insult people for their opinions, all that will happen is that they will lie or give evasive answers to the polls, leading to an underestimation
But when people can vote freely in the privacy of the polling booth the truth is revealed, and it can take people by surprise - as shown in the result of the EU Referendum

A study of the voting pattern of the EU Referendum shows that most of the support for Leave came from traditional Labour supporting areas, most of whom would be shocked and insulted to be called fascist, far right, and so on
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I
A study of the voting pattern of the EU Referendum shows that most of the support for Leave came from traditional Labour supporting areas, most of whom would be shocked and insulted to be called fascist, far right, and so on
A similar result was found from an analysis of geert wilders voters. Many had previously voted for our labour party.
It was concluded that the low level of education made this group easily manipulatable by populistic political parties.
The coresponding group in the UK seems to have been played by types as johnson and farage. The same trend is distinguishable on this forum.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:06 PM

Probably best not to make spelling mistakes while insulting people's intelligence.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Probably best not to make spelling mistakes while insulting people's intelligence.
Wasn't there an agreement about that on this forum? Just reminding you.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
...And also talking bollox of course...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-05-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
...And also talking bollox of course...
For that you need only read leaver's arguments for leaving.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-05-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by solasch ->
for that you need only read leaver's arguments for leaving.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top