Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 11:54 PM

Re: A Stitch Up.

......Solasch and Ray Cathode, please use the English language in your posts, not Latin.

Thank you
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Banchory, itsme (and Solasch )
I have asked before that you do not quote my posts, if you do you will be ignored. I have nothing to discuss with 'Remain voters' who are not long-standing members taking part in the site as a whole but who seemingly joined the site to post in one section in order to argue ad nauseam because they are unable to accept that the referendum was won by those who voted to leave the EU.
I have no problem with you ignoring me and would suggest you put me on your ignore list however, if you don’t want any counter argument of your posts I would suggest you refrain from posting in this section unless I was mistaken that this is a forum that tolerates free speech (within acceptable limits) and in reality just a propaganda platform for leavers

Just to be clear, whilst it is a matter of record what the result of the referendum was it is not mandatory that everyone has to agree that it is the right decision (for many reasons) and just as the Eurosceptics have done over the years there will be those who will voice their opposing opinion. Shutting down debate has no place in a democracy
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
......Solasch and Ray Cathode, please use the English language in your posts, not Latin.

Thank you
Sorry, it's a habit I slip into when someone starts throwing around ad nauseams.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 08:45 AM

Hi

I have no issue with discussing the point in modern languages.

Meg has a point, a valid one.

It is arrogant and abusive.

Not my scene at all.

Latin is of no use at all.

I speak a number of different languages, a legacy of my job.

Latin is not one of them.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Sorry, it's a habit I slip into when someone starts throwing around ad nauseams.
Using Google translate you mean
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I have no problem with you ignoring me and would suggest you put me on your ignore list however, if you don’t want any counter argument of your posts I would suggest you refrain from posting in this section unless I was mistaken that this is a forum that tolerates free speech (within acceptable limits) and in reality just a propaganda platform for leavers

Just to be clear, whilst it is a matter of record what the result of the referendum was it is not mandatory that everyone has to agree that it is the right decision (for many reasons) and just as the Eurosceptics have done over the years there will be those who will voice their opposing opinion. Shutting down debate has no place in a democracy
Nor does trying to reverse a democratic vote.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Deleted, what's the point.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Meg, I do not quote your posts to enter into a discussion with you. Clearly that is useless. I react to refute the (un)intentional faulty statements. Not for your benefit but for other readers.
You can always use the ignore function if you can't handle criticism.

Extremely well said Solasch. My first thought was, if she doesn't want quoting, then she shouldn't post. Then I read your post and most decidedly agree with the contents in total.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Extremely well said Solasch. My first thought was, if she doesn't want quoting, then she shouldn't post. Then I read your post and most decidedly agree with the contents in total.
Funny how you 'two' always turn up together.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:32 AM

I think Meg is quite correct.

I believe she can't or won't ban the 'three musketeers' because they are not breaking any rules.

However, as I have said before, I think the most productive action we can all take is to simply ignore all of their posts, either by scrolling past (as I do) or making use of the 'ignore' button.

Meg and Mags cannot completely ignore these people's posts (although of course she can certainly avoid responding to them) because it is their jobs to ensure that boundaries are not crossed and take appropriate action.

The only reason they continue to post as they do is because our reactions to them encourage them to keep posting their tripe. I am absolutely sure that if they realise that no-one else is listening, they will soon get fed up with supporting each other without anyone to argue with!

I know that this is not easy. Many are the times when I have resolved not to take part in a thread that is not at all productive, but have found myself drawn into defending a cause in which I believe.

I suggest that if any of you are bored with their repetitious litany of political ramblings, just don't respond to them. Trolls thrive on arguments, whereas if they found themselves face-to-face with an opponent they'd certainly back down and slink away.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top