Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:33 AM

Re: A Stitch Up.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Funny how you 'two' always turn up together.
Yes, as someone said before, the 'three in one'; the unholy trinity!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:35 AM

...And never pat each others backs and support each other.......
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no issue with discussing the point in modern languages.

Meg has a point, a valid one.

It is arrogant and abusive.

Not my scene at all.

Latin is of no use at all.

I speak a number of different languages, a legacy of my job.

Latin is not one of them.

Educated by monks on a grammar school gymnasium, inclusive greek and latin. Latin comes naturally for me. Greek is not so hot.

Accidentally, I quoted a common proverb in reacting to a post. The conversation that followed was rather one-sided.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, as someone said before, the 'three in one'; the unholy trinity!
It is much more mondane. I am a triangulist.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It is much more mondane. I am a triangulist.
Is that Latin for Plonka?

By the way, it's MUNDANE......
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:02 AM

Funny how you never have anything coherent to say.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think Meg is quite correct.

I believe she can't or won't ban the 'three musketeers' because they are not breaking any rules.

However, as I have said before, I think the most productive action we can all take is to simply ignore all of their posts, either by scrolling past (as I do) or making use of the 'ignore' button.

Meg and Mags cannot completely ignore these people's posts (although of course she can certainly avoid responding to them) because it is their jobs to ensure that boundaries are not crossed and take appropriate action.

The only reason they continue to post as they do is because our reactions to them encourage them to keep posting their tripe. I am absolutely sure that if they realise that no-one else is listening, they will soon get fed up with supporting each other without anyone to argue with!

I know that this is not easy. Many are the times when I have resolved not to take part in a thread that is not at all productive, but have found myself drawn into defending a cause in which I believe.

I suggest that if any of you are bored with their repetitious litany of political ramblings, just don't respond to them. Trolls thrive on arguments, whereas if they found themselves face-to-face with an opponent they'd certainly back down and slink away.

I have said it before, but it has probably drifted in one ear and out the other as there doesn't appear to be anything in-between to stop it.

"It's virtual impossible to argue with some one who agrees with you".

Your riposte of calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a 'troll' reflects your childishness.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Funny how you never have anything coherent to say.
I sometimes do on other subjects but then you two wouldn't know about that would you.
itsme
Wigan UK

07-05-2019, 11:13 AM

I sometimes do on other subjects but then you two wouldn't know about that would you.

Didn't realise that making comments on other subjects is a requirement of making comments on this one.
Perhaps you could point me to it. Nah, didn't think so!!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-05-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Is that Latin for Plonka?

By the way, it's MUNDANE......
Sorry, I was somewhat taken aback by the language in post 44.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top