Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:19 PM

Re: What can GB plc offer the world?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Mr P is a watch person, that's why I asked. Nobody wears decent watches these days - its either phones, or those square i-watch things that sync with your phone. I have a Tag, but never wear it. Not because its expensive - its not, its years old....I just can't see the darn thing without getting the specs out, haha!
Whatever happened to 'Timex' I had lots of those when I was young. I knew their address off by heart....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Whatever happened to 'Timex' I had lots of those when I was young. I knew their address off by heart....
I remember it in Dundee. A long while ago.......
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:23 PM

Oh they are still going...just fallen out of favour a bit that's all. They tried rebranding etc, but the market is so saturated now its difficult to have a niche product.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh dear! I'd keep that one quiet if I were you, or a certain person who used to post on here will keep 'reminding' you of it!

To clarify my intention in buying a VW, it was because we've had one before and found it an excellent car.
Having said that, the new 'infotainment' screen is a pig to get working properly. If they don't do something about it, I won't buy another!

I'd also state that if we British made a car which is comparable (or better), I'd buy one of those next time.
Around thirty years ago I bought, or rather had bought for me, a VW Passat Umwelt Diesel. What a lemon! The headlights were like was candles and the headlight switch -- well I had three of them literally burn out. I opened one up and it was plain that there was no way that the switch contacts could carry the current load. Eventually the thing was taken in by the garage and I suslect that a relay was introduced to carry the load. Then the engine never ran smoothly - never got to the bottom of that. And more besides. Thankfully I was given a new car every year so the following year I chose a Rover 820. Equally poor quality. Interior trim bits kept dropping off.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:27 PM

Timex is in short supply OGF.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Timex is in short supply OGF.
Is that a wind up Spitty.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Around thirty years ago I bought, or rather had bought for me, a VW Passat Umwelt Diesel. What a lemon! The headlights were like was candles and the headlight switch -- well I had three of them literally burn out. I opened one up and it was plain that there was no way that the switch contacts could carry the current load. Eventually the thing was taken in by the garage and I suslect that a relay was introduced to carry the load. Then the engine never ran smoothly - never got to the bottom of that. And more besides. Thankfully I was given a new car every year so the following year I chose a Rover 820. Equally poor quality. Interior trim bits kept dropping off.

An 820 s now more desirable than a Passat regardless.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Mr P is a watch person, that's why I asked. Nobody wears decent watches these days - its either phones, or those square i-watch things that sync with your phone. I have a Tag, but never wear it. Not because its expensive - its not, its years old....I just can't see the darn thing without getting the specs out, haha!
Oh, but they do. I have an excellent Junghans watch.
German, but please don't mention it to 'that man' or I'll never hear the end of it!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-04-2021, 10:31 PM

Is that a wind up Spitty.....

A "Self Wind Up" probably.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 10:33 PM

We used to be famous for fish and chips ??
Seems them days are over?

Donkeyman! 👎👎

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top