Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:23 PM

Re: More Brexit Doom and Gloom...... NOT !

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I've read it

It means nothing keep on living in your fantasy, you make me laugh
I had no illusions about your capacity to understand the information. As I said, others can read too. I let them decide for themselves.

I'm glad that besides laughing myself about this, I'm making you laugh. How satisfying!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I had no illusions about your capacity to understand the information. As I said, others can read too. I let them decide for themselves.

I'm glad that besides laughing myself about this, I'm making you laugh. How satisfying!

We already left the treaties, we are only bound by the terms in the WA. That expires at the end of the year - both on the EU and the UK side.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 12:24 AM

We already left the treaties, we are only bound by the terms in the WA. That expires at the end of the year - both on the EU and the UK side.
No need to confirm my estimation of your capacity to understand the text. That was already very clear from your previous posts.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 08:01 AM

No need to confirm my estimation of your capacity to understand the text. That was already very clear from your previous posts.

I do understand it though- its you that thinks laws still stand after they are repealed.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-05-2020, 01:04 PM

I do understand it though- its you that thinks lawsstill stand after they are repealed.
Now I can see where you go amiss, and what is at the root of your misunderstanding. The WA is not a law!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 03:29 PM

Now I can see where you go amiss, and what is at the root of your misunderstanding. The WA is not a law!
I'm going to break my silence because, Solasch, you really are a flaming brain-dead EU troll who cannot see the truth when it is staring you right in the face.

The Withdrawal Agreement IS a law. The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that makes legal provision for ratifying the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement and incorporating it into the domestic law of the United Kingdom. The Act was originally published on the 9th January 2020 and received Royal assent on the 23rd January 2020 making it a LAW.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-05-2020, 05:05 PM

Nice one Percy !
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-05-2020, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'm going to break my silence because, Solasch, you really are a flaming brain-dead EU troll who cannot see the truth when it is staring you right in the face.

The Withdrawal Agreement IS a law. The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that makes legal provision for ratifying the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement and incorporating it into the domestic law of the United Kingdom. The Act was originally published on the 9th January 2020 and received Royal assent on the 23rd January 2020 making it a LAW.
And another one who doesn't understand. The withdrawal agreement is a contract between UK and EU, signed by representatives of both unions. The bill you refer to is making an act of UK parliament elucidating and confirming the consequences of the closed contract. The so called ratifying of a contract. The bill is law, the agreement is not.
Even if that bill was repealed, the Withdrawal Agreement would still stand and be binding both parties. I hope to have contributed to your education.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-05-2020, 06:39 PM

Nice one Percy !
Percy probably will not understand this, but you might. The UK is a ‘dualist’ state, which means that treaties are seen as automatically creating rights and duties only for the government under international law. When the government ratifies a treaty – even with parliamentary involvement – this does not amount to legislating.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-05-2020, 07:01 PM

Percy probably will not understand this, but you might. The UK is a ‘dualist’ state, which means that treaties are seen as automatically creating rights and duties only for the government under international law. When the government ratifies a treaty – even with parliamentary involvement – this does not amount to legislating.

I told you that you wouldn't understand.

I was right !

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top