Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Re: Do some Food Items have Artificial Intelligence?

I refuse to buy Giant Chocolate Buttons anymore for this very reason
I blame Sigourney Weaver
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:38 PM

As I sit here munching some small cheesy biscuits one after the other, I can say that I'm completely in control ..Oh! just a few more then.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:46 PM

All the things mentioned are just stepping stones for the hard stuff...McVities Chocolate Homewheat accompanied by a hot steaming mug of Yorkshire tea for the application and immersion of said biscuits......Timing is everything.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I refuse to buy Giant Chocolate Buttons anymore for this very reason
I blame Sigourney Weaver
Yes, that is yet another Cadburys product that whispers in your head 'eat me'.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 11:12 PM

Ted, this is a very interesting thread you have started, and it shows this problem is far more widespread than you realised.

I am not sure if you find the replies reassuring that you are not alone, or do they just confirm what you suspected in the first place - artificial intelligence!

I must admit I am a little saddened at why these poor treats elect to be eaten alive though. Is it mass suicide or an evil plan to make humans drastically obese and toothless in the future?
Hmmm . . .

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 11:15 PM

They are born to be eaten, so that's why they temp you. Like the pig in The Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:00 AM

Isn’t food that you can’t stop eating, just called... Moreish?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Each week, my daughter brings me a packet of Milk Chocolate Butter Biscuits - from a big local store.

After she's gone home I sit looking at these biscuits and, without warning, My right hand raises up &, before i know it, I will have consumed the whole packet without stopping.

I've given a lot of thought to why I do this.

It cannot be my fault!

There must be something hidden in the biscuits which takes control of one's brain.

Oh well, that's all my thinking, for today, I wonder if she will return tomorrow!

There's a conspiracy somewhere!

...will power is what you need Ted........training the mind to think no!.....I don’t need all of this food.....not giving in to temptation....it’s difficult but it can be done...

Most of the time I can resist...but I have also been known to eat a whole packet of biscuits..

I think it’s an addiction to food...gives us great comfort I believe..

When I walk past the crisps..they call out to me...go on...you know you want me!...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:07 AM

I had a thing going with "All Day Breakfasts"

Just look away, whilst at the table, and, when you turn back, they will be gone!

Anyway, somebody Spilled The Beans.

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:09 AM

Pauline,

For the sake of the industry, I think I'll persevere.

Wouldn't want all those Tesco Bicky makers to be out of a job!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top