Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

20-05-2020, 08:37 PM

Re: Do some Food Items have Artificial Intelligence?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Terry Pratchett films were close to the original books, because he okayed the scrips. I think the Harry Potter films were also.
but were they better?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by PSXtreme ->
It was a cow...
'Bullocks'.......
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by PSXtreme ->
but were they better?
They were good I thought & the adaptation of Good Omens for TV. I have that on DVD also. The only thing I would say was wrong with The Colour Of Magic was casting David Janson as Rincewind. He should have been tall & thin. David Jason was far better as Albert in The Hogfather & more believable.
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

21-05-2020, 05:00 AM

See, that wasn't what I said. I never said movie adaptations were bad, just that they weren't as good as the original text. Another example is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Ken Kesey's McMurphy is completely different than the character Nicholson gives us on-screen. Also, like his role in The Shining, the movie deflects focus from the original main character of the story to Nicholson's part.

Some times, the failure is because they are trying to jam too much information into a 2-hour movie. Dune (1984) is a prime example. There is just too much backstory and internal monologue to have it make sense for someone who hasn't read Herbert's novels. That's why Philip K. Dick's short stories seem to be a favorite well (Blade Runner, Next, Minority Report, Total Recall) Hollywood likes to dip into time and again. They are short, sweet, to the point and most of the public have never read the original text.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:30 AM

American movie makers ruined War Of The Worlds when they made those, both versions were dire, though the first was a bit more believable as the proper story of the book. It was still not set in England as it should have been.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top