Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:14 AM

Re: Good morning Thursday

Good morning all.
Anhother beautiful, endless blue sky and warm sun.

I must say I was too hot in bed last night so am swapping to a lightweight duvet this morning - that is sure to make it turn chilly again.

More chores, washing, gardening, dog walking, and will nip to the Co-op for some milk, but that's about all.

Think positive, be happy, and stay well all.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:34 AM

Good morning Everyone.
Sunny again today. I have been raking the grass after Son cut it yesterday. I am not fit, as it has tired me out. Too much junk food & sitting about reading I think.
Not a lot else happening.
Stay well everyone.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:10 PM

Just missed the morning slot so I'll nip in here if I may....

One of the best runs of the year this morning, not particularly fast but Sooooo enjoyable. Decided to do the six mile course out on country roads; it can get a bit busy during the week with people going to work and taking the kids to school, but not these days. I hardly saw a vehicle, just a tractor and builders van.

Amazing weather and so quiet, alone with my thoughts for just over an hour....I consider myself so lucky to be able to go out and run six miles at nearly seventy years old despite a tricky start to the year with gout. Is it down to luck or the fact that I will not give in, and consider running the most important part of my life...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just missed the morning slot so I'll nip in here if I may....

One of the best runs of the year this morning, not particularly fast but Sooooo enjoyable. Decided to do the six mile course out on country roads; it can get a bit busy during the week with people going to work and taking the kids to school, but not these days. I hardly saw a vehicle, just a tractor and builders van.

Amazing weather and so quiet, alone with my thoughts for just over an hour....I consider myself so lucky to be able to go out and run six miles at nearly seventy years old despite a tricky start to the year with gout. Is it down to luck or the fact that I will not give in, and consider running the most important part of my life...

I can't do running I really envy you.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:49 PM

Things don't half change quickly. We don't have to live separate lives in our home because the hospital has revised its interpretation of the "rules". According to the surgeon, in a phone call late yesterday afternoon, we can still live together as we normally do provided we both isolate together. Thank God I hadn't started moving my bed or furniture around.

Something big has happened in the vicinity because, not so many minutes ago, ½ doz cop cars, a couple of ambulances and a fire appliance all went screaming up our lane with their "blues and 2s" going full blast. That's more than enough excitement for me today
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Things don't half change quickly. We don't have to live separate lives in our home because the hospital has revised its interpretation of the "rules". According to the surgeon, in a phone call late yesterday afternoon, we can still live together as we normally do provided we both isolate together. Thank God I hadn't started moving my bed or furniture around.

Something big has happened in the vicinity because, not so many minutes ago, ½ doz cop cars, a couple of ambulances and a fire appliance all went screaming up our lane with their "blues and 2s" going full blast. That's more than enough excitement for me today
Good to read that Percy, you'll be fine together as neither have been anywhere else.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I can't do running I really envy you.
Thanks Bread, but each to our own. Sometimes on a hard run I envy the blokes sat along the riverbank fishing....How relaxed they look.....At peace with nature and the world....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-05-2020, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Mrs Fox was self isolating long before the virus Percy.....
I don't blame her......I can be such a knob at times.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top