Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 06:53 PM

Pubs

There has been talk of pubs reopening July 4th.The trade say that 2 metres social distancing is too much in most pubs and wouldn't allow enough punters and takings.They suggest it be reduced to one metre.

Would you drink in a pub where the next customer is within arms length?...and after a few jars probably a lot less.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 06:59 PM

Re: Pubs

I no longer go to a pub regularly. Used to play in a darts team, so it won't affect me. The only time I'm likely to go in one is when I'm away staying somewhere & that is not going to happen for a very long time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:32 PM

Pubs are handy for the odd good meal occasionally, but I'm always the driver so I very rarely drink alcohol in one....
No pubs in our village anymore, but have had some unforgettable times in them in the past....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:38 PM

It'll be interesting to see what is prioritised ..... economics and the future of the hospitality industry? .. Or health guidelines?

Having said that apparently we're one of the few, if not the only European country to have 2m distancing. Others have 1.5 or 1m.

I think restaurants will suffer worse.
A romantic meal for two will never be the same again.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:59 PM

Apps for ordering food and drink will be preferred at Wetherspoons but people can pay by cash or card at the till if necessary.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-875-pubs.html
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It'll be interesting to see what is prioritised ..... economics and the future of the hospitality industry? .. Or health guidelines?

Having said that apparently we're one of the few, if not the only European country to have 2m distancing. Others have 1.5 or 1m.

I think restaurants will suffer worse.
A romantic meal for two will never be the same again.
The ambience totally ruined with all the staff wearing masks.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 10:08 PM

I never go to pubs anyway because I very rarely drink alcohol and when people get more and more merry the more irritating they get. Also partly because of the inconvenience of travel and the invariably loud music. That said, pubs and restaurants seem a less and less attractive venue anyway because of the lack of ambience, social distancing, etc.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

22-05-2020, 10:23 PM

We have a few places left that have not succumbed to children, chips with everything, loud music, or sky sports on continuously. Our favourite has a fantastic pianist, with a wide repertoire.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 10:43 PM

Pubs only, no I wouldn't go in them. Social distancing would last about 5 mins the rate people chuck their drinks down and start being drunken prats.

Pub/restaurants are different. I go to some lovely ones with my daughter, her finance and his family. Typical rural olde worldy types. No prats or lager louts about. Well behaved dogs too

Would I go into those sort of places if they reopened in July? No I wouldn't. The damned virus doesn't do 'down market' or 'up market' whether it's pubs or pub/restaurants.

I'm gasping for a chippie. I keep drooling for some fish and chips. I won't even go there.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 10:50 PM

Ain't been in a Pub since the 70's, because they morphed into eateries during the 80s. Been in many eateries in the last few years but no Pubs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top