Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:25 PM

Beauty Spots

Would you travel to a Beauty Spot, if all the shops were closed and, all the public toilets were on lockdown?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:34 PM

Re: Beauty Spots

No! I need an open loo everywhere I go.
I never go in ours even when open, they have a charge of 20p to get in & people who have used them say they aren't very clean, yet the idea of charging for them was to help pay for cleaning them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:38 PM

Apparently, some folks have been "Dumping" in locals Back Gardens.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Apparently, some folks have been "Dumping" in locals Back Gardens.

Perhaps the sort of people who would do that are the sort who wouldn't use the loos even if they were open.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-05-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps the sort of people who would do that are the sort who wouldn't use the loos even if they were open.
Possibly, it is probably not the best time to be a resident of Looe, Cornwall at the moment.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-05-2020, 10:53 PM

And another thing, in the Old Days, you used to see discarded Condoms in the street, now you see Discarded Surgical Gloves and Facemasks, not sure which is most disgusting?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And another thing, in the Old Days, you used to see discarded Condoms in the street, now you see Discarded Surgical Gloves and Facemasks, not sure which is most disgusting?
They all are, but condoms because of what they are. You forgot to mention used needles too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:07 PM

While out running in the country this morning I saw loads of those little silver flasks that kids like to sniff. I mean there were boxes of them!....

Apart from the coast (the lonelier the better) I prefer to get off the beaten track anyway Spitty. One of the reasons I go out for the day is to get away from people....

But it serves the locals right if the council have shut all the toilets, where else can you relieve yourself. Covid or not, hygiene shouldn't be compromised.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-05-2020, 12:26 PM

Yes OGF, I think there is a lot of Train Spotter in a lot of folks, they sort of need to stand and stare, but not in isolation. Took a couple of photos at Sutton Park on Friday, its a great place on a normal Friday, not so good on a lockdown day, the mock boat on the lake in the distance has been there for ever and a day, a training vessel for the Sea Cadets

not sure if the image is going to appear in the correct orientation

Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
While out running in the country this morning I saw loads of those little silver flasks that kids like to sniff. I mean there were boxes of them!....

Apart from the coast (the lonelier the better) I prefer to get off the beaten track anyway Spitty. One of the reasons I go out for the day is to get away from people....

But it serves the locals right if the council have shut all the toilets, where else can you relieve yourself. Covid or not, hygiene shouldn't be compromised.
Nitrous oxide canisters.... the beach in Brighton is littered with them.
I was naive enough to think that they were C02 bulbs until I realised that Soda Streams are very much out of fashion.
They play havoc during my occasional metal detecting jaunts!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top