Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 09:33 AM

Some of those we don't see, but are there all the same …

In this recent lockdown there have been many people on the frontline, such as doctors, nurses, hospital staff who work all hours to help save those who have caught this awful COVID-19, we see them regularly on our TV screens.

There are also those who keep going much of what we never give a second thought about, these people are as important though, without them everything could grind to a halt:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52678920

Just some of those who mostly remain 'unseen' are shown on the link above, how often I wonder do many of us even give them a thought?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 10:31 AM

Re: Some of those we don't see, but are there all the same …

And so what?

They're certainly not in the same category of the NHS workers
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 10:39 AM

Clean water, electricity and hygienic sewage & rubbish disposal does more than medics to keep our population healthy and out of hospital. Pharmacies and medicine distribution companies have also been invaluable.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Clean water, electricity and hygienic sewage & rubbish disposal does more than medics to keep our population healthy and out of hospital. Pharmacies and medicine distribution companies have also been invaluable.
So they're just doing what they get paid for.

And?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 10:54 AM

Funny you should post this, i was thinking that my bin men will be getting a gift from me this week, i also gave my postwoman a gift to say thanks, just some fudge but i wanted her to feel appreciated
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 11:04 AM

I think our clapping every Thursday evening is for everyone who is working to save lives or keep the World turning. From cleaners, bin men & to all the internet people, farmers producing our food, everyone who is still working at their jobs as their work is vital to keep our country going.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Many people do Voluntary work helping the NHS and the public without a 'Thank You'

And we all appreciate them and their services.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 11:28 AM

Aren't we all in some way or other small cogs in a very big wheel? It doesn't matter who we are, what work we do, what we are paid, our age or our social standing, we will all be suffering the knock-on effects of COVID-19 at some time in some way. This pandemic I believe shows exactly how that happens, and just how quickly too.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
So they're just doing what they get paid for.

And?
Some people would not do this work even if they were well paid.
They think it is beneath them.

They usually prefer to be waited on ,'Hand and Foot'.
And.. they go to pieces in times of trouble'.

The can hardly wipe their own bottom.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-05-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Some people would not do this work even if they were well paid.
They think it is beneath them.

They usually prefer to be waited on ,'Hand and Foot'.
And.. they go to pieces in times of trouble'.

The can hardly wipe their own bottom.
It's their career choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top