Join for free
Page 27 of 43 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Well, if we hark back to the beginning....when God set in motion the millennium long process of Evolution....He made one fundamental flaw in the divine Formula. And that was to give the emerging bi-pedal creature which was to develop in to Homo Sapiens the power to subjugate the earth. Big mistake. I would say that He has already been seriously considering having to go back to the drawing board...!!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bayardicus ->
Well, if we hark back to the beginning....when God set in motion the millennium long process of Evolution....He made one fundamental flaw in the divine Formula. And that was to give the emerging bi-pedal creature which was to develop in to Homo Sapiens the power to subjugate the earth. Big mistake. I would say that He has already been seriously considering having to go back to the drawing board...!!
Did god set it in motion?
Did/does god exist?
That's the fundamental question.
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 11:33 AM

I would go for the ''YES'' vote on that question, as it seems unlikely that it all came about at the very beginning through sheer spontaneity alone. There couldn`t possibly be THAT many coincidences running favourably concurrent with each other.
Besides, how does one explain the human psyche if humanity was merely a consequence of a random evolutionary glitch at some point in the distant past. I would like to hear Professor Richard Dawkin`s explanation for THAT one....!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 12:26 PM

I would go for the ''YES'' vote on that question, as it seems unlikely that it all came about at the very beginning through sheer spontaneity alone. There couldn`t possibly be THAT many coincidences running favourably concurrent with each other.
Besides, how does one explain the human psyche if humanity was merely a consequence of a random evolutionary glitch at some point in the distant past. I would like to hear Professor Richard Dawkin`s explanation for THAT one....!!
I suppose if there is a god then he would explain the human psyche in the same way as he would explain the individual psyches of other animals.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 12:31 PM

Besides, how does one explain the human psyche if humanity was merely a consequence of a random evolutionary glitch at some point in the distant past.
Evolution isn't at some POINT in the distant past. It's millions of years.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Evolution isn't at some POINT in the distant past. It's millions of years.

Evolution is in the past, the present and the future. Evolution is still at work - the evolutionary process does not stand still - thank goodness.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Evolution is in the past, the present and the future. Evolution is still at work - the evolutionary process does not stand still - thank goodness.
It appears to have stood still in some of the posters on this thread....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It appears to have stood still in some of the posters on this thread....
Their mind set seems to be stuck in the 10th Century
I am still waiting for one of the god botherers to answer my question, what is the point of a christian god?
At least the muslim god seems to have reason for existing, that being the death and destruction of the Kafir.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am still waiting for one of the god botherers to answer my question, what is the point of a christian god?
At least the muslim god seems to have reason for existing, that being the death and destruction of the Kafir.
He does seem rather surplus to requirement these days Rehab....There are many more interesting hero's to follow. And most of them play football or drive racing cars......or make music...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Busy killing off the infidels?

Page 27 of 43 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top