Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:23 AM

Re: Dont blame your computer

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I don't remember, I have to look it up all over again I do have a sharp brain but don't want to absorb anything I don't need to nowadays.
Mary, it is not a clever person who remembers everything, the cleverest person is one who remembers where to find the answer.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 03:58 PM

I have been a Windows PC user since they were first developed in 1978. I bought my first Mac, a 21.5" iMac, just last year. Knew nothing about how they worked. I wanted to delete a program from my new computer so I found an Apple forum, joined, and asked my question straight away, "How do I remove a program from an iMac"? The answer came through quickly, "Drag it to the trash"! Could it be that simple? On a Windows PC you had to go through the Start button into Control Panal, choose Programs from a huge selection of options, select the program from a long list and pick Uninstall & wait.

It didn't take long before I sold my last PC and now own only Apple products. I have no Windows software on my iMac but have asked my software vendors for cross-platform versions for Mac. There's no going back.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 04:03 PM

I also started with a Windows PC but changed to a Mac about 5 years ago; it's so much easier and quicker to use after Windows, I seemed to be going round in circles with that.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 04:59 PM

I started with a Mac because I'd been told it was more user friendly, and that was important to me. From everything I've heard since I made the right decision.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 09:13 PM

I'm with all the Mac people, the greatest thing since sliced bread, I'm a Mac snob now, wouldn't sleep in the same house as a PC.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I'm with all the Mac people, the greatest thing since sliced bread, I'm a Mac snob now, wouldn't sleep in the same house as a PC.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers",eh, Jem?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I assume Jem, you're not referring to a Police Constable!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

03-12-2011, 12:53 AM

Life's a bit like that though, just the other day I was shuffling home and a punk stopped me in the street.

He said, "Hey, you got a light Mac?" I said " no, but ive got a dark brown overcoat"
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-12-2011, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Life's a bit like that though, just the other day I was shuffling home and a punk stopped me in the street.

He said, "Hey, you got a light Mac?" I said " no, but ive got a dark brown overcoat"
Oh groan, Hammer!!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I have been a Windows PC user since they were first developed in 1978. I bought my first Mac, a 21.5" iMac, just last year. Knew nothing about how they worked. I wanted to delete a program from my new computer so I found an Apple forum, joined, and asked my question straight away, "How do I remove a program from an iMac"? The answer came through quickly, "Drag it to the trash"! Could it be that simple? On a Windows PC you had to go through the Start button into Control Panal, choose Programs from a huge selection of options, select the program from a long list and pick Uninstall & wait.

It didn't take long before I sold my last PC and now own only Apple products. I have no Windows software on my iMac but have asked my software vendors for cross-platform versions for Mac. There's no going back.
Bob, when you 'drag and drop' does it remove all the data in the register or just the main points of the program?

I always remove programs through the register, that way I do not have any orphan bits of data left to clog up the memory.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top