Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 10:05 PM

Re: Robin Gibbs

I am another one who 'grew up' with the Bee Gees records-enjoyed all of them-a very talented group of brothers. RIP Robin...
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 10:49 PM

I have loved the Bee gee's since I was 17, have every record they ever made...Very sad Robins death, he was a genuis, his music will live forever.....
Rip Robin, will be very sadly missed.........
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 11:42 PM

I've never been a Bee Gees fan but appreciate his talent.
This was his last work, with his son , which I like.

Titanic Requiem
RIP
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 08:14 AM

Willow, the death of anyone should not be a sad thing but a celebration of that persons life. Some people have a great influence over others in many ways yet I fined that Music influences nearly everyone and so a person who has a musical talent will be missed far more than a lot of ordinary people.

I think when people show emotions for the death of a musical person it is not the person that they will miss but their music.

As for Diana, I could not agree with you more, IMO she was a gold digger and seeker of attention with what appeared to me to be a false front.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-05-2012, 08:42 AM

Music has no impact on my life as I don't particularly like any of it.

However, even the deaths of famous people for whom I have respect, don't really impinge on me, or that of people I know, even relatives. When my father died all I felt was relief he was out of pain. He was 83 when he went, had done most of the things he wanted to do in life, so what was there to be sad about? The grandmother, whom I loved very much, died in her 80s, there again I was relieved the stroke had carried her off and not left her with the indignity of having personal care, which would have been a fate worse than death as far as she was concerned. Some might find my attitude strange, but it is the living I am concerned with not the dead.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 09:26 AM

It's a fact Willow that we are all going to go, but I would like to think that however much people celebrate my life when I'm gone, it would also be nice to think that someone would be sad to see me go, even if only a little bit.....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Music has no impact on my life as I don't particularly like any of it.
Willow, you are the first person I know who does not like music and I am intreagued by it. Have you never listened to all different types of music? Have you not been moved when people have sang 'Happy Birthday' to you?

If you do not like any music then I also think that you have missed out on some wonderful experiences in your earlier life.

I now feel sad for you. Music is the spice of life.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 10:47 AM

What a shame to be stressed out by music and not gain benefit from the pleasure it can bring to many people who are open enough to appreciate different genres in music.
Today's pop is often tomorrows classic (it's just a matter of time and another era). In my opinion there shouldn't be anything superior about classical music and modern music should not be considered inferior. When people listen and understand music properly they usually come to realise that the two are frequently intertwined and both require just as much creativity to produce.
When words are put to the music often something really special happens and I think it is frequently quite magical. Sometimes music is emotionally moving with or without words and there is always some sort of a message to communicate. It's a wonderful way of communicating.
History tells us that Mozart's music was popular music "pop not classic" and was modern music for his time. He had a following of fans but struggled getting patronage for "new" compositions because his patrons thought it too "modern" and not mainstream.
Listening to music is one of my greatest pleasures and it doesn't make much difference what the genre is, although now I am getting older I do struggle a bit with some of the more exreme younger stuff, but that's to be expected, I suppose, it is not written for my generation.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What a shame to be stressed out by music and not gain benefit from the pleasure it can bring to many people who are open enough to appreciate different genres in music.
Today's pop is often tomorrows classic (it's just a matter of time and another era). In my opinion there shouldn't be anything superior about classical music and modern music should not be considered inferior. When people listen and understand music properly they usually come to realise that the two are frequently intertwined and both require just as much creativity to produce.
When words are put to the music often something really special happens and I think it is frequently quite magical. Sometimes music is emotionally moving with or without words and there is always some sort of a message to communicate. It's a wonderful way of communicating.
History tells us that Mozart's music was popular music "pop not classic" and was modern music for his time. He had a following of fans but struggled getting patronage for "new" compositions because his patrons thought it too "modern" and not mainstream.
Listening to music is one of my greatest pleasures and it doesn't make much difference what the genre is, although now I am getting older I do struggle a bit with some of the more exreme younger stuff, but that's to be expected, I suppose, it is not written for my generation.
I am not concerned that I don't like music, I realise it does it for others, but not for me, no big deal.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 06:49 PM

I grew up with the music of the Bee Gees. It is quite something to be able to say you have made a positive contribution to the lives of many , for me the Bee Gees can justifiably claim this.

I am really sorry to learn about Robin I saw him not long ago on the programme 'Who do you think you are' and he looked very unwell.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top