Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Re: doom and gloom

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
guess you know it then UJ.......some good news in Salford, a white poodle went missing from dog groomers on Friday (bad news again) found today by a security guard who read it on FB (good news, knew there was some out there).
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 12:04 AM

I just love reading the morning paper with my breakfast, life isn't a bowl of cherries so there is good and bad all around.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 08:12 AM

I believe that the media for their part have a duty be ethical, reasonably unbiased and honest in their reporting and presentation. There should be consequences for them if they are not because they have an huge amount of influence and, therefore, a great responsibility.

In the light of recent events (Leveson enquiry), clearly this is not happening.
It has NEVER happened, the media are as bad as union officials for bending the truth.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
It has NEVER happened, the media are as bad as union officials for bending the truth.
And the Tory Government aren't Bob???? - that's the whole reason for the Leveson enquiry - to figure out just how many Tory Politicians were either climbing into bed with Rupert Murdoch or how many were being paid by him.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 09:17 AM

And the Tory Government aren't Bob???? - that's the whole reason for the Leveson enquiry - to figure out just how many Tory Politicians were either climbing into bed with Rupert Murdoch or how many were being paid by him.
So you're trying to tell us the last Labour government weren't right up his backside then?

You must be very naive if you actually believe the Tories are the only ones to climb into bed with the media, as virtually everyone in politics and the public eye want the media on their side, and there is very little they won't do to make that happen. A nest of vipers indeed...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 09:21 AM

Yes Barry I detested Bliar & Brown almost as much as I now detest Cameron et al. Bliar & Brown I regard as war criminals who should stand trial in the Hague for their crimes against humanity.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Yes Barry I detested Bliar & Brown almost as much as I now detest Cameron et al. Bliar & Brown I regard as war criminals who should stand trial in the Hague for their crimes against humanity.
Something we happen to agree on....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

06-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Something we happen to agree on....
Steady on Barry - we'll make you a fully fledged rebel yet!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 10:04 AM

I think all Politicians are the same...right across the Board and this wee Pic just Sums them up Nicely.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 11:56 AM

I just love those expressions Roxy, scared then smug, that's them all right.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top