Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Re: One for the ladies. Maybe.

I used to stand for hours ironing, put it all away nice and neat in the drawers and wardrobe. Children and hubby used to pull things out, messing up everything, which then needed ironing again. So I now iron all school and work clothes on a Sunday. Rest when needed.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Thinking back, Mom used to have me iron sheets and pillowcases too. I guess they were 100% cotton as I remember having to iron them damp. Thank goodness for poly/cotton.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 04:08 PM

I love Country Music and Line Dancing soooo I shut myself in the Kitcken, Music on Loudish and the Ironings done in no time lol.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

09-06-2012, 04:39 PM

My mother-in-law used to iron pants and socks, silly woman!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 05:28 PM

I don't mind ironing but I don't iron everything.
I put shirts and tops on hangers to dry so they just need a light iron.
I've always ironed in the kitchen, with the radio on. I still try to do what my grandmother taught me - fold sheets on the ironing board and iron on top of them .
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 05:52 PM

Ironing all done a put away. I have since cleaned all the kitchen as we are having guests this evening. Now that is one job that I don't mind doing and it always smell nice and fresh when it's finished.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 06:58 PM

It's nice when you have finished the cleaning everything smells nice.
Sit down with a cuppa tea, knowing all is clean for now.

Trouble is everyone comes round, they bring the kids have a chat , or even stay for tea.
When they have gone, you look around, time to clean again.

Love them all coming around, just don't like the world wind they leave behind.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 10:12 PM

I enjoy ironing-put a cd on and have a good sing-along whilst doing it Enjoy it so much, I do my Niece's on a Thursday to help her out-most of it are the little one's clothes so doesn't take long to do
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 10:47 PM

I don't mind ironing so much as preparing to iron. My ironing board is bigger than me and the damned thing actually fights me, and usually wins. I HATE putting everything away after ironing.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 12:03 AM

Found an ironing board cover that might just inspire me to start ironing again...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top