Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 01:09 AM

Re: One for the ladies. Maybe.

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Found an ironing board cover that might just inspire me to start ironing again...

That just might inspire me.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
That just might inspire me.
Well you did title the thread "One for the ladies" so I think it's appropriate.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-06-2012, 08:35 AM

I think 'one for the ladies' has a rather sexist twang to it! Lots of men do domestic chores these days. Although having said that I have to admit my husband left all that to me, including the raising of the kids, apart from the fun and educational activities!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I think 'one for the ladies' has a rather sexist twang to it! Lots of men do domestic chores these days. Although having said that I have to admit my husband left all that to me, including the raising of the kids, apart from the fun and educational activities!
If you had taken the time to read the title properly it read "One for the ladies. Maybe". Thus avoiding any sexist remarks, because I know that some men, through choice or not, do perform household chores, my own husband being one. But his ironing skills are non existent
My word though, you do tend to nit pick But hey ho, bring it on if you feel the need
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Found an ironing board cover that might just inspire me to start ironing again...

Now that IS a good idea, Sue!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
If you had taken the time to read the title properly it read "One for the ladies. Maybe". Thus avoiding any sexist remarks, because I know that some men, through choice or not, do perform household chores, my own husband being one. But his ironing skills are non existent
My word though, you do tend to nit pick But hey ho, bring it on if you feel the need
My husband will also help with the ironing if he sees me busy with another job but that's beside the point ...... I certainly didn't read your thread title as being sexist
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-06-2012, 12:03 PM

I bought a new ironing table about four years ago, I have never used it!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-06-2012, 12:05 PM

What a waste!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-06-2012, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a waste!
Very true! I would have got rid of it when we moved if it hadn't been for the fact that I suppose one day I might just have a need for it, if I have to dress up for some occasion!
mesco m
manchester

10-06-2012, 12:19 PM

Take it back, you may get a refund Or give it to a charity shop, it's a shame to let it rot.
If you don't iron, you must either, walk around naked, or wrinkly, or perhaps both

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top