Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:08 AM

Donald Trump

There was outrage amongst the supporters of the 'nasty party' on here when Barack Obama announced that the UK would not be at the head of the queue for a trade deal with the US post Brexit.

However, now that Trump has also downgraded the UK its gone strangely quiet - I wonder why???

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...D1718421727_uk
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Re: Donald Trump

I get the feeling Trump is trying to diffuse tensions - being all statesman like. Behind the scenes it is a different story I bet.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 09:38 AM

Trump best thing that has happened to the States for years,
lucky so and so's to have someone with backbone running the country.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 09:39 AM

He didn't actually say we wouldn't be at the head of the queue, he actually said we would go to the back of the line, which was indeed an outrageous thing to say to one of your main allies and anyone British, and not just members of the scumbag nasty party, should rightly have been outraged by such a comment!

However, maybe slightly off topic here but why is it that you seem to rejoice in every bit of news that either denigrates or threarens to damage Britain? If you really dislike the country that has given you everything so much then why not go try your dream existence in Russia and try the same attitude there?

Your incessant sniping pessimism is rather tedious, wearing, and to be honest quite infantile really I'm afraid... h
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 10:13 AM

Well said Barry.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 10:32 AM

As a child what was UJ's favourite breakfast?

Farley's Ruskis
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 10:34 AM

I'm more concerned about Trump VS North Korea. I just hope he doesn't read the Daily Express is all I can say. With headlines like this ....

WW3 WARNING: North Korea could ‘END THE WORLD with just THREE thermonuclear bombs’

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...bomb-end-world

it will not be long before all hell lets loose.

Aagggghhhh
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I'm more concerned about Trump VS North Korea. I just hope he doesn't read the Daily Express is all I can say. With headlines like this ....

WW3 WARNING: North Korea could ‘END THE WORLD with just THREE thermonuclear bombs’

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...bomb-end-world

it will not be long before all hell lets loose.

Aagggghhhh

I won't even read it Mark.
It won't do me any favours worrying about things I cannot change.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 10:50 AM

Well Corbyn is saying he'd not sanction airstrikes in Syria and get rid of Britain's nuclear arms, both actions some here have frequently said they support - Britain not having such an active role in international conflict.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:00 AM

This is quite a good article on the subject as Reuters is slightly less politically fueled than other media. It appears that Trump has succumbed to the calm logic of Merkel. She has the respect of Putin and now she has developed a good relationship with Trump. I guess he only needs to do the maths to see it's more important to agree trade with the entire EU.

"A source close to the White House was quoted as saying that there had been a "realisation" in the Trump administration that a trade deal with the EU - allowing the tariff-free exchange of goods and services - was more important to U.S. interests than a post-Brexit deal with Britain."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN17O07Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top