Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Re: Donald Trump

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I won't even read it Mark.
It won't do me any favours worrying about things I cannot change.
Mups, it's a story with absolutely no consequence...it's a claim made by a Spaniard that happens to be an unofficial ambassador to the west..whatever that may mean.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Mups, it's a story with absolutely no consequence...it's a claim made by a Spaniard that happens to be an unofficial ambassador to the west..whatever that may mean.

I still won't read it Tpin, I know I'm an uneducated ostrich, but at least I'm a happy one.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is quite a good article on the subject as Reuters is slightly less politically fueled than other media. It appears that Trump has succumbed to the calm logic of Merkel. She has the respect of Putin and now she has developed a good relationship with Trump. I guess he only needs to do the maths to see it's more important to agree trade with the entire EU.

"A source close to the White House was quoted as saying that there had been a "realisation" in the Trump administration that a trade deal with the EU - allowing the tariff-free exchange of goods and services - was more important to U.S. interests than a post-Brexit deal with Britain."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN17O07Z
Trump is a wheeler dealer. I wouldn't trust anything he says until he signs on the dotted line. In this day and age you have to smile and shake hands with your enemies to keep the peace. The old saying: 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer', is more relevant now than ever. Some call it being spineless (I could name names ) but I call it being clever - perhaps 'wise' is a better word to use .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I won't even read it Mark.
It won't do me any favours worrying about things I cannot change.
Hi

Well done Mups for not reading it.

It is total rubbish.

You are at more risk from being hit on the head by a pink elephant falling from a passing alien spaceship.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well done Mups for not reading it.

It is total rubbish.

You are at more risk from being hit on the head by a pink elephant falling from a passing alien spaceship.

Thank you treasure, and now I won't worry about the pink elephant either then.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:26 AM

To read it or not to read it that is the question ...

Point I was making - and here it is again for those who can't seem to see any point I try to make was:

If Trump is easily influenced by news - and he is apparently - then I hope he doesn't read the Daily Express. My bad taste in humour kicking in once more .

Or perhaps you did get my point after all and I'm mistaken - yet again.

Such is life ...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There was outrage amongst the supporters of the 'nasty party' on here when Barack Obama announced that the UK would not be at the head of the queue for a trade deal with the US post Brexit.
No I don't recall any such outrage. What I do remember is the pathetic meddling of Obama in UK politics over the referendum, something which was none of his business.

What stuck out was that the "special relationship" Obama had always said existed between the US and UK was clearly a load of b*ll*cks if the UK was suddenly going to be thrust to the "back of the queue" as he put it.

They were childish comments, pathetic attempts to manipulate the minds of the UK populous during the referendum and quite obviously caused by a tangible fear that the "people" had had enough of a ruling elite and might vote for BrExit . . . which of course they did!

Hopefully Trump will dismantle a lot of the elite machinery and corrupt deals before he is . . . removed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top