Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Re: So Who Is The "Nasty Party"?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That evil bitch thatcher (phth, phth,phth) attempted to destroy the working class, firstly by destroying the industries that spawned them, then by bribery (remember the sale of council houses???) and finally by the attack on their working class institutions (the Trade Unions) and declaring solidarity action illegal.

Since the article emanated from the 'Sun' - I wouldn't believe a word written in it - the only thing that rag is worth using for is to tear in strips and hang on a nail in the khazi!!!
I know....what a gal.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have been in the game, as an officer for a long time.

What frustrates me the most is the phenomenal amount of Public Money when we get a new political party in charge, be it at National or Local level.

All Political Parties have some good ideas, however as soon as the Politicians change their first priority is to dismantle and change whatever the previous lot did.

There is absolutely no long term planning so that things get better for the average person

Billions are wasted in cancelled computer systems, defence contracts and the number of times the NHS has been reorganised for purely political reasons is absolutely stupid.

I once had a team working on a regeneration project, thousands of new jobs, upgrading run down homes and schools, new medical facilities.

Everything was in place, it had taken 3 years to get it organised and the funding organised.

It was scrapped when their was a change of Political Control.

The new administration wanted a new scheme in one of their areas to get more votes at the next election.

Other Countries do not seem to have this stupidity, they have long term plans.
I totally agree with you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 09:50 AM

I heard someone on the radio yesterday calling the Limp Dems 'The Nasty Party'.

I'm confused now.

Either they are ALL nasty or UJ's catchphrase has gone viral.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 09:56 AM

Labours in disarray these days sadly, Blair destroyed the real Labour Party and we have a war between those of us wanting a real labour and those enjoying Tory lite ! The answer IMO is a split.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:11 AM

There is no 'nasty party' and to think there is one to me demonstrates a naivety befitting of the the school playground.

As in all walks of life, there is a quota of well meaning and self serving people in all political parties.

My Dad was a life long member of the labour party but it was a different world in those days. There were clearly defined sections of society and many people struggled with real poverty. Dad wouldn't have recognised the smarmy Blair's of this world as members of the Labour party with their patronising attitude,spin doctors and focus groups.

Those days are gone now, there is no longer 'a struggle for the working man ' but unfortunately a few backward thinking people still cling to the concept some no doubt to hang on to their own power base.

We need a radical overhaul of our whole political system with some form of PR.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I think he is talking out of his arse as usual.
That evil bitch thatcher (phth, phth,phth) attempted to destroy the working class, firstly by destroying the industries that spawned them, then by bribery (remember the sale of council houses???) and finally by the attack on their working class institutions (the Trade Unions) and declaring solidarity action illegal.

Since the article emanated from the 'Sun' - I wouldn't believe a word written in it - the only thing that rag is worth using for is to tear in strips and hang on a nail in the khazi!!!
Opinions of the nice party? Anyone detect just a hint of irony here
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:33 AM

Hi

I have done extensive research into the question of who is the nasty party and who it's members are.

The answer is this.

The Nasty Party is anyone who does not agree with UJ.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:25 PM

The thing is there are good ideas and people in all parties what we need is a party full of them ! But our party system holds that and them back.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There is no 'nasty party' and to think there is one to me demonstrates a naivety befitting of the the school playground.

As in all walks of life, there is a quota of well meaning and self serving people in all political parties.

My Dad was a life long member of the labour party but it was a different world in those days. There were clearly defined sections of society and many people struggled with real poverty. Dad wouldn't have recognised the smarmy Blair's of this world as members of the Labour party with their patronising attitude,spin doctors and focus groups.

Those days are gone now, there is no longer 'a struggle for the working man ' but unfortunately a few backward thinking people still cling to the concept some no doubt to hang on to their own power base.

We need a radical overhaul of our whole political system with some form of PR.
Well said Meg. Just about sums it up nicely.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 07:00 PM

Trade unions were largely a bloody menace.
It was their own actions that caused companies to go tits up due to continuous quarrelling and childish demands / causing strikes.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top