Join for free
Page 10 of 48 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 10:42 AM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Swimmy , this has been brewing for months because the narcissistic Trump couldn't accept defeat in a democratic election.
I think Trump has a personality disorder and should be removed from office and control of the USAs and furthermore the nuclear facility.

The 25th amendment states a President can be removed from office when incapacitated by a physical or mental illness, I think he qualifies on the grounds of the latter.

What if that rabble of Trump 'conspiracy believers' had been terrorists with a bomb gaining such easy access to the Capitol building, I shudder to think.

I appreciate Trump's behaviour is not really my business but the USA is one of our greatest allies, enough is enough Trump has shamed his office and all reasonable people in the USA.
Knowing American homeland security like I do (I watch lots of movies!) every one of those protesters will have been caught on camera and will be hunted down in the future.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Knowing American homeland security like I do (I watch lots of movies!) every one of those protesters will have been caught on camera and will be hunted down in the future.
Bob that is not the point, there could have been a suicide bomber among them and the whole lot could have been blown to pieces They should never have been allowed to gain access to the building.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
He's now got himself locked out of Twitter & Facebook for inciting riot.
As well he should be.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Can’t help thinking what Trumps old mucker Nigel has to say about this.
Nigel Farage was one of the first to condemn the riot and Trump's response. Trump has made himself an enemy of the state, and indeed his allies in other countries. No politician will want to be associated with him after this. Even if he was right before, he's wrong now.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nigel Farage was one of the first to condemn the riot and Trump's response. Trump has made himself an enemy of the state, and indeed his allies in other countries. No politician will want to be associated with him after this. Even if he was right before, he's wrong now.
Amen to that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-01-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bob that is not the point, there could have been a suicide bomber among them and the whole lot could have been blown to pieces They should never have been allowed to gain access to the building.
I know Meg, but where does a peaceful protest end and a violent one begin. The authorities have to be very careful not to appear too heavy handed as demonstrated in China for example. One thing is for sure though, the demonstrators won't get through again...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-01-2021, 11:21 AM

I've always been a fan of Presidents and Prime Ministers who 'Get Things Done' and I always thought Donald Trump had the best interests of the American people at heart. Putting a Tariff on Chinese Steel to protect the American Steel industry, was what I think, a great idea, we should do it here and start making our own steel, among other things. I even thought the wall on the Mexican Border was just the ticket to prevent illegal immigrants entering America, again, we should take a leaf out of Trump's book and strengthen our own borders.

He did seem a bit eccentric, but in a likeable sort of way. But I don't live in America so aren't aware of some of the finer points of the Trump administration. However, Surfermom, Bakerman, and Right Now do live there, and I consider them 'Good People' who I would like to be my neighbours and part of my community. Obviously I do not subscribe to violence, so perhaps I have been reading the politics all wrong across the pond, so in future I will take notice of what they have to say about the way their country is being run. Although I still wouldn't have Bakerman cook me a steak....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:47 AM

Our media need to calm down.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...n-violence-spt

DONALD TRUMP "has something up his sleeve" and "will go out with a bang" before January 20, Chair of the Defence Select Committee Tobias Ellwood has warned as chaos rocks Washington DC.

Mr Ellwood tells Express.co.uk that things could get worse.

He said: “The fact that he is failing to share information – as he is duty-bound to do – suggests he has something up his sleeve and he is going to go out with a bang.
President Trump is not well.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Lengthy but important. Here was my FB response to today's events.

This is one of the few times have made a political post, but today's events call for every last one of us to express outrage. I am going to say what our President did not.

I am a Republican.

Core to our democracy is the Peaceful Transition of Power. I remind our elected officials, extremists, and naysayers (here and abroad) that the will of the people as protected in the Constitution of the United States - trumps all. Each elected official has sworn to defend every detail of the Constitution - whether they agree with it or not. Likewise, the paramount responsibility of every citizen is to protect the rights of their fellow citizens and demand prosecution of those who do not.

Whether you were or are a protestor, a Democrat who boycotted the inauguration of President Trump, President Trump, Nancy Pelosi, a member of the media feeling the need to opine rather than report, a part of some pathetic underground insurrection, or someone who committed voter fraud, we are not going to tolerate interfering with the Peaceful Transition of Power or degrading the fabric of the United State of America ANYMORE.

Whether through investigation, our votes, or new legislation (akin to the need for the 22nd Amendment after FDR, who fighting giving up the presidency, sought additional terms that were customarily limited to two) if you are an elected official who has interfered with our election process or has violated the most minute of laws regarding the respect and transfer of power, we are coming after you.

It is time to dust of the US Codes, start up a massive investigation, and go after every single one of you who is defying the will of the people and the Constitution.

We are taking our great nation back. If you are in elected office, abide by your oath of office, the will of the people, and the decorum that comes with your office - or step aside. If you are a protestor, keep it peaceful or we are coming after you, too.

Enough.
I think that covers it all SM ?

Donkeyman! 👍👍
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hahaha. We are just lazy! Like all those extra u's in color, labor, honor...

However, it seems that we have this one right! The building itself is the Capitol, borrowed from Rome's Capitoline Hill and the even older temple "captiolium." We use "capital" to name our capital cities is borrowed from the Latin "capitalis" meaning "of the head." It's confusing and we all suffered learning it in second grade, but tradition and all.....

I wouldn't mind, but American spellings seem to be becoming more commonplace over here in the centre of the universe, certainly among the less educated.

I can't imagine why!

Page 10 of 48 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top