Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 01:00 PM

Re: Programs from one's youth

Does anyone remember Cannonball - about a truck driver and his mate? Or maybe, Whirlybirds - about a helicopter company?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 01:09 PM

I remember Cannon ball Judd, and I can sort of half recall the signature tune too, but can't recall Whirlybirds.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 02:06 PM

I remember an old black and white series about a northern mill town. I used to watch every episode, but I'm afraid I have no idea what it was called!

The bit that sticks in my mind more than anything else is the opening credits: a scene, initially of a purely rural area, then a few buildings added and then a mill and chimney; then other buildings appeared, one by one, until the beginnings of an industrial town developed. Typical of the real history of all present-day large towns and cities.

I loved watching that same scene every episode, far more than the actual programme itself.

I'd love to know what it was called and would make every effort to find any recordings. Sadly, I'm sure I'll never know now.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top