Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 07:08 PM

Re: oven scones

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Oh you shouldn't have shown me those Meg... now you have made me hungry!
I was thinking the same !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Paula I make all kinds of scones including savoury ones with cheese and chives.
I don't have any trouble with them rising in fact I like cheese scones not to be too tall because I like a good layer of crispy cheese topping.

The secret of good scones for me, have the mixture really moist, touch it as little as possible, don't roll it out to thin, don't twist the cutter.
Also I use a small pot of natural yoghurt mixed in with the milk, it make the scones really light and fluffy. I used to use buttermilk but don't make butter these days and it isn't that easy to buy.

Cheese and chive scones I like them quite flat...
[
Nice "Buns" Meg.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 06:16 PM

OMG Meg, I'm drooling over those gorgeous Scones just looking at them. I keep thinking of one of them spread with real butter thick enough to leave teethmarks and my SIL's home-made Strawberry Preserve. Forget the whipped cream, Your scone wouldn't last long enough!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top