Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 09:48 PM

Re: A walk in the park on a drab July morning

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I read somewhere that you shouldn't feed bread to birds because it upsets their tummies.

I believe feeding bread with mould on it can kill birds, Percy, but small amounts of good bread won't hurt them to my knowledge, but it also has virtually no food value for them either.

I think it is Hedgehogs that mustn't have it?

There is a river not far from me and people are always feeding the ducks and swans bread.
It's not good though, because someone goes along and thinks they are doing a nice thing, but it doesn't seem to enter their head that 20 other people have already done the same that morning, and the day is not over yet! So they must get through vast quantities of stodgy bread, poor birds.

Sorry dOOd, I too, liked your pics very much.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 08:45 AM

I hesitated to post because everyone else likes these photos ..and they are good quality d00d. I'll ask anyway though. After the photos were taken, did you ask if the people minded being photographed and further, put up for remarks on the Internet? There are two reasons for the question.

I would feel I was being a bit intrusive if I was doing this secretly.
If I was the subject of a photo and asked, I wouldn't agree to it myself.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 09:10 AM

Thanks all.

The Round Pond, Kensington Gardens.

There are a couple of signs saying you can feed the birds ... "seeds, berries, pulses. If you only have bread, make it wholemeall".

Hi toners ... I've been photographing people for donkey's years, found it's best done in very public places, places where you're likely to find other "tourists" with cameras, best be open about it, smile and kind of nod in agreement with people.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I hesitated to post because everyone else likes these photos ..and they are good quality d00d. I'll ask anyway though. After the photos were taken, did you ask if the people minded being photographed and further, put up for remarks on the Internet? There are two reasons for the question.

I would feel I was being a bit intrusive if I was doing this secretly.
If I was the subject of a photo and asked, I wouldn't agree to it myself.

Hi mart ... no I didn't speak to the boxers or the birdfeeder.

Firstly, it wasn't done secretly, I made sure they could see me before I took photos. If someone objects they'll instinctively look away or hide their face somehow. Then they might approach me to ask what I'm doing and I will always offer to delete a photo before they have the chance to ask me.

Secondly, I always assume anyone who allows their photo to be taken nowadays knows it will probably go somewhere on the internet. There are billions of photos uploaded daily.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 09:45 AM

OK, fair enough. It is just me who wouldn't take photos of people who are only going about their daily life and not raising their public profile in any way and put the photos on the Internet.

I never take photos of people but I can see why photographing people who raise their profile in public by consent is thought OK. For example demonstrations, parades (not those doing the policing) but not these subjects.

That's just my opinion though and I can't expect it to be that of others. Well done for the quality you always get in your photos whatever the subject is.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

08-07-2020, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
OK, fair enough. It is just me who wouldn't take photos of people who are only going about their daily life and not raising their public profile in any way and put the photos on the Internet.

I never take photos of people but I can see why photographing people who raise their profile in public by consent is thought OK. For example demonstrations, parades (not those doing the policing) but not these subjects.

That's just my opinion though and I can't expect it to be that of others.
I always show their best side.

Well done for the quality you always get in your photos whatever the subject is.
Thanks
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:31 AM

I can understand where Mart is coming from, and I would find it difficult to take a random persons photo. Asking permission before the shot would take away the natural expression of the subject and make it look just like a holiday snap. I personally find photographs of people the best kind of photographic art, and never miss an opportunity to visit portrait galleries whenever I'm out and about.....Keep doing what you're doing d00d, I love it....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

08-07-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I can understand where Mart is coming from, and I would find it difficult to take a random persons photo. Asking permission before the shot would take away the natural expression of the subject and make it look just like a holiday snap. I personally find photographs of people the best kind of photographic art, and never miss an opportunity to visit portrait galleries whenever I'm out and about.....Keep doing what you're doing d00d, I love it....
Me too, thanks Foxey.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 12:10 AM

Nice shots d00d and a subject that I haven't really tried before.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top