Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:21 PM

Re: Don't get older or become infirm so need social care …

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Tiffany.
Agreed but I wonder why' if I were living in a nursing home and became ill a doctor would visit me but living on my own would be unable to get a visit from a doctor.
I guess it's because the nursing homes/OAP homes have an agreement with the surgeries. Most OAP's in those places can't get out to a surgery any way. They aren't fit enough & because they pay a lot for their care there too.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:29 PM

AT. As I said before "I paid into a scheme that promised to care for me from the cradle to the grave.
Sorry, that's a thing that many people don't understand. You HAVE paid into nothing beyond the funding for a provision over the current budget year. At the end of that year all al payments have gone.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:31 PM

Tiff,Point taken but, you say 'They aren,t fit enough to get to a surgery'
Those of us that are also not fit enough and choose to remain in our own homes are saving the local authorities money by staying in our own homes and not putting further burdens and costs onto nursing homes so why are we being treated differently. All I am saying is that if someone in a nursing home can get 'home' visits why can,t those who are living in their own homes and have the same health problems as those folk get home visits as well.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:34 PM

I am with you Ben on this .
Drs always did home visits but today their are just too many people and not enough doctors .
It’s bad enough trying to get a doctors appointment .
I still don’t understand why doctors don’t do evening surgeries as they used too so people don’t have to take time off work .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Tiff,Point taken but, you say 'They aren,t fit enough to get to a surgery'
Those of us that are also not fit enough and choose to remain in our own homes are saving the local authorities money by staying in our own homes and not putting further burdens and costs onto nursing homes so why are we being treated differently. All I am saying is that if someone in a nursing home can get 'home' visits why can,t those who are living in their own homes and have the same health problems as those folk get home visits as well.

I don't know why, if the person in their own home with regular carers & unable to get to a surgery should not have doctors visits. Just 4 years ago & before, when my OH was too ill to get to a surgery, our Doc came regularly to visit him. Has it changed in 4 years? Maybe it depends where you live too?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am with you Ben on this .
Drs always did home visits but today their are just too many people and not enough doctors .
It’s bad enough trying to get a doctors appointment .
I still don’t understand why doctors don’t do evening surgeries as they used too so people don’t have to take time off work .
All I can say is, if this is now the case, in those few years it has changed a lot.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 03:07 PM

When all is said and done we are not going to change the way things are done in this 'modern' age. We can grumble and grouse but the problems of the aged are put in the miscellaneous folder and put on the back shelf.
So let,s just get on and make the most of what there is left for us.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

19-11-2019, 04:00 PM

Let us hope all of us here stay healthy.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 04:09 PM

When all is said and done we are not going to change the way things are done in this 'modern' age. We can grumble and grouse but the problems of the aged are put in the miscellaneous folder and put on the back shelf.
So let,s just get on and make the most of what there is left for us.
Not much else We can do Ben but get on with it..I do admire Your independence very much
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 05:54 PM

Don't think things are going to change in the future either. According to the news item below
future doctors will not be working full-time but will be doing part-time hours.

"General practitioners will not work full-time in the future, according to the new head of the
national doctors' body.

The King's Fund recently released data showing only one in 20 trainee GPs planned to work
full-time within 10 years of qualifying and most planned to work between one-and-a-half and
three days a week."

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-02/...f-doctor-says/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 06:04 PM

I saw this .
Obviously they are paid so much they don’t need to work a full week .
Hey ho .
At my local surgery they are all in part time.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top