Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 03:25 PM

Oh what a fuss!

There I was - strolling through St Nicholas Fair - when a man in front of me started shouting at someone on his mobile 'phone and waving his arms about. Thumped me hard in the chest - I staggered backward and hit my head on one of the little wooden cabins put up for the fair.

Man - totally embarrassed, apologized profusely and I would have left it at that - but - someone, seeing what happened, summoned up the market supervisor/manager person who, in turn, summoned up a first aid person. They took some convincing that I was completely unhurt - I was wearing a thick coat and a woolly hat so well padded. I was shocked and felt a bit sick - but the poor man hadn't done it on purpose.

The market people insisted on taking both of our names/addresses etc before they let us go - in case of repercussions!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 03:35 PM

Re: Oh what a fuss!

Well the silly man should look what he's doing, though I am sure he didn't mean to.

In all fairness, I suppose we complain if no one does anything, and complain when they do try and help.

The main thing is, glad you're alright.
Perhaps he'll learn to calm down a bit now too.

P.S. It wasn't Judd or Dongle in diguise was it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
There I was - strolling through St Nicholas Fair - when a man in front of me started shouting at someone on his mobile 'phone and waving his arms about. Thumped me hard in the chest - I staggered backward and hit my head on one of the little wooden cabins put up for the fair.

Man - totally embarrassed, apologized profusely and I would have left it at that - but - someone, seeing what happened, summoned up the market supervisor/manager person who, in turn, summoned up a first aid person. They took some convincing that I was completely unhurt - I was wearing a thick coat and a woolly hat so well padded. I was shocked and felt a bit sick - but the poor man hadn't done it on purpose.

The market people insisted on taking both of our names/addresses etc before they let us go - in case of repercussions!
A good job it was your head otherwise you might have hurt yourself.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 04:54 PM

Some people on their mobile phones are in a word of their own oblivious of others

Glad you are ok ST
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well the silly man should look what he's doing, though I am sure he didn't mean to.

In all fairness, I suppose we complain if no one does anything, and complain when they do try and help.

The main thing is, glad you're alright.
Perhaps he'll learn to calm down a bit now too.

P.S. It wasn't Judd or Dongle in diguise was it?
It could been, Mups - come to think about it there was a strong 'wet dog' kind of smell about - so it may have been Dongles!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-12-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A good job it was your head otherwise you might have hurt yourself.
Cheek! You may regret saying that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-12-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some people on their mobile phones are in a word of their own oblivious of others

Glad you are ok ST
Very true!
Thanks, Meg.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 05:54 PM

I'm glad you were unhurt ST. I think it is the shock at the time that hits home. Better to be safe than sorry though so I'm pleased they took good care of you.

As for that man, what a plonker! I'm pretty sure though that after what happened to you by his hand must surely have quickly calmed down his highly charged self. I appreciate it was an accident but he was still guilty of being careless and could have resulted in you being injured. He should thank his lucky stars it didn't. I hope it didn't spoil your trip to the fair. xx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-12-2019, 06:24 PM

Thanks Shropshiregirl. I ended up feeling sorry for the poor man - he was so upset about it. But - no harm done - and, no, it didn't spoil my trip to the fair.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 07:06 PM

I'm sure he must indeed have been mortified ST, who wouldn't!! You are like most of us. feeling as though an unnecessary fuss was made when you were perfectly alight, but imagine when he knocked you flying, you could have been hurt if you had landed awkwardly, and through no fault of your own.

So hopefully, he will have learned a lesson, not to be so animated when talking on his phone, keep his arms to himself and be considerate about others around him in future.
He may well have been a very nice man but he should consider himself very lucky it was not more serious.

Big hug anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top