Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 09:08 PM

Re: Netflix - I'm a bona fide member

Glad you are watching The Crown d00d, it really is good and the acting is superb. i particularly like the Churchil character. Not so good though when Coleman takes over from the excellent Claire Foy.

Some suggestions;

Manhunt- Unabomber
The Alienist (not about aliens)
Whitechapel
Last breath
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad you are watching The Crown d00d, it really is good and the acting is superb. i particularly like the Churchil character. Not so good though when Coleman takes over from the excellent Claire Foy.

Some suggestions;

Manhunt- Unabomber
The Alienist (not about aliens)
Whitechapel
Last breath

ooo thanks doggy, I've just googled Last Breath and it sounds like something I would want to watch.

Doody, I'm not really into period stuff so can't help out there, I tend to watch true documentaries, usually about murder, I'm a bit wierd like that

Last thing I watched on netflix was really good but very sad called American murder, family next door.
Tr1sh
UK
Tr1sh is female  Tr1sh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 11:03 PM

I liked Mindhunter.

Mad Men. I wasn't sure about this when I first watched it but was advised to keep watching and I am glad I did. Ended up loving it - all seven seasons!

If anyone likes ghostly stuff, check out Haunting of Hill House and Haunting of Bly Manor - both wonderfully weird as is Ratched (based on the nurse in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest).

I loved Stranger Things and Z Nation so my taste may be very different from yours.

I loved Ozark and was very sorry to see the end of it.

Don't forget Breaking Bad. If you have't watched it you should give it a try. I wasn't sure at first but was soon hooked.

Prior to Covid I hardly watched much TV!
Tr1sh
UK
Tr1sh is female  Tr1sh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
ooo thanks doggy, I've just googled Last Breath and it sounds like something I would want to watch.

Doody, I'm not really into period stuff so can't help out there, I tend to watch true documentaries, usually about murder, I'm a bit wierd like that

Last thing I watched on netflix was really good but very sad called American murder, family next door.
Last Breath - incredible story
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 07:58 AM

Hey ... thanks guys, I will check those out.

and Tr1sh, we loved Mad Men too, saw the whole lot, about 100 episodes, a few years ago. We borrowed the dvd boxsets.

Originally Posted by Tr1sh ->

Mad Men. I wasn't sure about this when I first watched it but was advised to keep watching and I am glad I did. Ended up loving it - all seven seasons!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:09 AM

Bev watched the American Family one....what a harrowing tale...he was truly evil.

I'll have a look at Last Breath not seen that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:58 AM

A true story Queenie, with some real footage. I promise you it will have you holding your breath.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-10-2020, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tr1sh ->
I liked Mindhunter.

If anyone likes ghostly stuff, check out Haunting of Hill House and Haunting of Bly Manor - both wonderfully weird as is Ratched (based on the nurse in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest).

I loved Stranger Things and Z Nation so my taste may be very different from yours.

I loved Ozark and was very sorry to see the end of it.

Don't forget Breaking Bad. If you have't watched it you should give it a try. I wasn't sure at first but was soon hooked.

Prior to Covid I hardly watched much TV!
Watched that twice now.
Tr1sh
UK

21-10-2020, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hey ... thanks guys, I will check those out.

and Tr1sh, we loved Mad Men too, saw the whole lot, about 100 episodes, a few years ago. We borrowed the dvd boxsets.
Well, it's on Netflix if you wanted to rewatch it.
Tr1sh
UK

21-10-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Watched that twice now.

If you haven't watched Haunting of Bly Manor you should. It takes a few episodes before the fun really starts but it's very good and it all makes sense in the end.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top